What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qick fast, need your thoughts

I ordered some SuperThrive but it won't get here for about 10 days. This product is not available anywhere in my local area.I finally called the manufacturer and they found one retailer that ordered it down about 60 miles. They are not open until next Monday.

I have no familiarity with this product. My native plant buddies tracked down one 4oz bottle for me that was purchased last year that I can have for $15. The man who has it was honest with me and said it was in his garage over the winter and it froze. The man is in an area that is not the greatest. We can drive there and get it tonight, my husband will take me because of the area.  

Will the SuperThrive still work even though it froze?

I'm not sure that frozen and thawed will work. Superthrive contains B1 and according to my wife, a pharmacist, they do sometimes refrigerate nutrional solutions with B vitamins, but never freeze them.

I think $15 is steep (I paid only $7 at Walmart last year for the same thing), especially to travel to a bad area. If I can get it tomorrow, I will send it out priority mail to you.

What do you need it so soon for? I can't think of any emergencies superthrive can really make a difference with.

Im hoping itll be ok, I left mine out on the deck last winter too

Long story but I have a ton of Sarracenia here that isn't mine. I potted them up for the person the same way I pot my own up and thought all was fine. I now see the equivalent of dried out straw in the middle of a few pots and this is not sitting well with me. I've been told the plants are perfectly fine and just resting and that they will start putting out new growth because they are getting light and are receiving water and are warming up inside my house. I have my reservations about this as I received other plants at the same time that didn't go brown. The plants need to all go back on Monday and I dread the possibility of bringing in plants that might not make it. I was told to go shopping and to get the Super Thrive right away by somebody who most assuredly knows what he is talking about. I've read a lot about this product now and it sure does appear to be a miracle fix.

My husband did drive me to get the frozen SuperThrive. Took us all of 20 minutes to get there which wasn't too bad. And, the neighborhood wasn't the greatest but it most certainly wasn't the worst. The man was very nice and said that it had probably lost its potency but was better than nothing so he gave me two 4oz bottles for the $15 and told me to add one cap full to each gallon of water. One capfull per gallon was exactly what I was told to add by the man who recommended that I go shopping and buy it. Sooo, now I have two bottles of previously frozen SuperThrive.

Here's the good news. JBL went shopping for me (there's another sweetheart in the forums amongst us but then there's no shortage of those at Terra it seems) and all I have to do is get back to him with my name and address and he's sending the "cure" my way.

Does anyone know if I can use the frozen bottles for anything? Maybe some non CP plants outside? I doubt it could hurt anything but it might not do anything either. Just curious.

I would say after they go room temp, shake well and add. It's pretty doubtful that it would harm but may help.

Joe

Back