What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April fools

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hey there
smile.gif
I was wondering if anyone here, aside from the obvious Ozzy, had managed to pull off any good jokes today?

I did the simple ones. When I got into work today I borrowed a phone from a friend and called in sick as I stared at my manager messing with her computer. When she said she would email the big boss I told her I liked her sweater. (big boss has no sense of humor!)

My 4 year old daughter said she had a tickle in her throat I asked to look and told her that she had a kangaroo in there. Haha kids they are so precious! She looked surprised and worried. When I asked her if she ate one she said "no" so I suggested maybe it hopped in there while she was taking a nap.

One of my pregnant co workers called her fiance and told him that the doc wanted her to come in for an ultra sound cause he thought they were going to have twins.

nothing good... fooled 2 1/2 online friends by telling them I was going to wherever they live during summer :p
I suck :p

I work as groundskeeper/ grounds manager at the apartment complex of which I live. My mom is the manager... And my dad does all the repairs... Anyway, at the start of each summer we pick 2 or 3 of the buildings, power spray them clean, repair the foam, and rewhite coat... This year I have my brother-in-law helping out. The wind today was CRAZY!! And my mom had mentioned to be carefull... blah blah blah... LOL Anyway, one time she walked by... and as she got just far enough to hear me, I jumped off the building... (about 15 ft high) and landed with a *uhhh!!* sound... my brother in law started yelling "ARE YOU OKAY!!?!??" She came a running!! hehe ....then I had her dust me off.
smile_n_32.gif

Last year was much better... Long story short, at the time I was having some problems with one of the residents here that thinks he is a gangster... At the time my mom had left to work for another company... I called her nice and early and told her I needed her to come get me... I was in jail... This guy had tried to start trouble with me and I took his knife and stabbed him. She said "I'll be right there!" and hung up... I called her right back and she was half in tear "Can't talk right now!!" I said, "Mom it's me. April fools" she was already in her car driving to the jail. Oh, this was 4 days after she started at this new place. She just told them "I've gotta leave. I'll come back when I can!" she only worked there 2 weeks anyway... Then came back here.. They had offered more money, but this place is a much better inviroment. Did I mention she wasn't verry happy with me?? haha!!
Andrew

After that with yer mom, kin I shave yer head bald?????? You are jest plain bad, Andrew!

I told my girlfriend that I dropped the rent on the street and couldn't find it. That was the best I could do.

I work at a graphic design company and am being trained on how to layout and design a large flyer. The deadline was today, and there was still some work that needed to be done. I opened up an older file (I had been working on the actual one for a couple hours already) and asked the girl training me in to come over and look at something in it. She came over and I told her I had rearranged some things. She said, "You took out all the things that I had put in???" She stared at the screen for a while trying to find the words to tell me I was not doing well and that I was not going to meet the deadline, and I told her April Fools.
biggrin.gif

FYI, I did meet the deadline. Tough flyer to design though!

Unknownclown:That's a good one about your pregnant co-worker calling her husband!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

I pulled a little joke, but I'm sure nobody wants to hear about it though.

LOL @ Ozzy
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

I tease with my husband all the time.  It doesn't have to be April 1st. Problem is I can't keep a straight face to ever pull it off long enough to get any rise out of him that would be worth the effort. I do tease with the kids all the time. I've got a few around here that actually think their noses grow if they tell fibs and I all but have to turn away when they look me straight in the face and "conveniently" leave out details while feeling up their faces. It is soooo hard to NOT laugh in their faces as they talk while subconsciously groping around their face with their fingers. One time I stood outside the bathroom door and listened while two compared their noses in the mirror. I was rather amused to hear one tell the other one in a hushed voice that the other one's nose wasn't growing that bad and it was probably ok to come out of the bathroom.

This year had to be the best prank I have pulled off. We all leave our police gear in individual lockers at the station. So when I finished my shift at 0700 hrs friday morning I pulled a fellow officers flashlight out of the pocket on his belt and replaced it with a device of equal shape that females use for pleasure! Needless to say he became quite embarrassed when he pulled it out for a complaint this evening!

Wolf

Oh Dear Lord thats hillarious!

OMG that's SOOO FUNNY!Good one!
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

you win, wolf
laugh.gif

LMFAO!!!!! Nice one, wolf! I don't even wanna know where you got this device.

Last year, when I was still a member at Run With The Wind, I pulled a lame one.. since we were all more or less horse people, I posted a new thread saying that I got a horse and I was going to be leaving the forum permanently so I could have more time to take care of the horse. A couple people TOTALLY, HONESTLY believed me, but others were onto it pretty quick. I really suck at this stuff... I spent, like, a week last month trying to formulate something grand to do on here for April Fool's Day, and then yesterday, about half-way through the day, I realized it WAS April Fool's Day and I had nothin'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I told my girlfriend that I dropped the rent on the street and couldn't find it. That was the best I could do.

What the funkin' waggles are you talkin' about?

We were on a class field trip, surveying a park. And we told the teacher we had dropped one of the $40,000 dollar millimeter accurate GPS units into a river, he caught on after acouple seconds tho.. So it didn't work out all that well.

Um FlytrapGurl,I think he means that he dropped the rent money,or check on the street and then couldn't find it.*Niki*

Oh and I really don't understand the horse one.So you said you got a horse and you were leaving permanantly to care for the horse...so???Why is that a joke?Sorry I'm not trying to be mean but I don't get the joke/funny part of it:blues: *Niki*

I can explain that one. The joke was went she told them that she really wasn't leaving. I bet they were all so bummed out.

Back