What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannibal corpse statue

This was a fun project, a zombie that was finished up with the influence from the Death Metal band Cannibal Corpse. I used the colors of the zombies and gore from their CD covers, and added their logo even, it's hard to sculpt words!

ok, get your airsick bags kiddies....

zombie4.jpg

zombie5.jpg

zombie6.jpg

zombie7.jpg

zombie8.jpg

zombie9.jpg

zombie10.jpg

zombie11.jpg

Let me know what you think, if you dare!
smile_n_32.gif

You've got mad skilz bro!

I don't think he's feeling well.

What makes the blood/organs shiny?

Awesome man, as usual- I swear your work all looks like you literally sculpted it from the bones out, like one could just peel off the outer layers one by one and it'd all be sculpted and painted all the way to the marrow, just incredible Bro!!

Oh and the butcher block is a nice touch

Oh, and in case I forget you gotta shoot me your addy for them skeletons, I will get 'em to ya before too long

thats bad dude. I like it. and Hey, Cannibal Corpse is from Omaha. Too COOL, man. I gotta agree mad skillz.

Joe

Thanks guys, I started the zombie back last halloween and then lost track of a goal for the sculpt so it sat "lifeless" until the other night when I did up the block, cleaver and logo and started painting. For a spur of the moment idea I think it came together pretty well in the end.

The guts are painted flesh first then a wash of red thinned paint is applied to go in all the nooks and crannies then a pink "drybrush" over the dried wash then it's sealed with matte protectant spray. Next mix up opaque red paint and some of "Anna Rivas Doves Blood Ink" which is a great red drawing/writing ink that looks just like blood! (it's darker red than the stuff sold by Windsor Newton at the art stores) But since it's ink, it's very thin and not opaque so if you mix it a bit with paint you get thick coverage and still the depth provided by the ink. Using a big brush soak up a lot of "blood" and let large drops fall from top to bottom tracing all the nooks and crannies in the deepest recesses and then letting it run off the block. After all that dries then take Acrylic Gloss and Varnish Medium and paint it thickly over the parts that are supposed to stay wet and stickly looking (I see the photos that eyes need more gloss). You shoulda seen my table when I was done, it looked like someone chopped up a zombie!
smile_n_32.gif

Oh c'mon, that's not gory.. but it rocks!

Oh wow great job(as always)Keep it up!*Niki*

that is sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin amazing, cannibal corpse are one of my fav. bands. u have quite the abundance of skillz and talent my friend. WOW i am still drooling.....

Awesome sculpture! the detail is amazing! If you like to sculpt morbid things i should put up some of my drawings
smile_m_32.gif

It keeps me off the streets!

Actually, my next project (some illustrations I've been working on) will put me (and a few others) on the streets, I'll show some images when things progress a little further...
biggrin.gif

I would draw morbid stuff too, if I was any good at it.. blood and gore fascinates me, but I don't have the ability to draw it. I'm really only good at horses and some wolf poses.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ April 02 2005,7:17)]You've got mad skilz bro!
I will take the words from a mod here...

Back