What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which forum members have you met?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Last spring I received a "blind" PM from a gentleman, named JBL, stating that we lived somewhat nearby and would I be interested in coming by for a visit. I did and as I was walking up his Sarracenia lined driveway, my jaw was wide open in awe. He then showed me his minibog, filled with VFT's, Sarracenias, and D. filiformis. Then came the huge terrarium inside, filled with all manner of pigmy dews, P. agnata, and a few other things. He also gave me some parting gifts - VFT's, Sarracenias, and dews. On Thursday we had the visit to my job, where I keep my plants. So I showed him my makeshift racks of window sill clamoring plants. Then we drove to my place, where I showed him the imfamous CP-swallowing stream.

I have also met with Elgecko, three times now - and I hope again. Got to see his discus tank, and his terrarium.

The only person who Ive met so far was Pat-Trashcan
smile.gif

I need to socialize a bit more I know theres alot of cpers here nearby

I have met Phil and Mike of course.

I haven't met anybody. Really sucks living with people who look over your shoulder when you do anything and insist on assuming everybody on the Internet are psychos who have no motives other than to stalk you.

To all who know Jim Scott. You may already may know this, but Jim is even better in person than here in the forums. I ususally prefer to meet people face to face rather than communicate this way--that's why you don't hear from me so much. But I realize that I have very few friends with this interest close by, so I'll try to do a better job.

You will never find a more humble and genuine guy than Jim. He is kid safe, adult safe, and even pretty good with CPs except for sending a few sailing downstream.
confused.gif
That emoticon is Jim looking for the plants.
confused.gif
confused.gif
Those two are Jim and I looking together!

Thanks for the return visit Jim--sorry I took so long.
Joe (JBL)

no one yet.......any one in the St. louis area? im going to be down that way the first part of May.......... dont expect to many travelers up my way

I've met, Tamlin, NickHubble, Technoracer, Death66, Jeffz28, Glenn, Travis, Darcie, Shokuchuu, SteveL.
I hope I named everybody.

actually i may meet someone. dont know if he is a member but ive chatted with him on email, hes only about 4 hours from me in a city i go to on a regular basis

I met DrewMcclain, I was in the hospital and he brought a N. gracilis. It was awesome. I talk to him all the time now....

As Jimscott mentioned I have met him. He is the only one on the forums I have met.
I have also met will 2 people who have CP nurseries. 1 in MD and 1 in VA. I hope to visit Tony in NY sometime this year.

Maybe in 2006 if there is a get together for the ICPS convention like Ozzy was asking about in MD, maybe I can meet some other people.
If any one who read that thread may remember I thought there might be no way of going because of it being my 10th wedding anniversary on that weekend. I did bring it up to the wife and she said that maybe I could go......but it will cost me. She has not figured out what yet, but I'll have to see if I can afford it.
smile_n_32.gif

JBL's driveway is lines with Sarracenia?

mine just has daffodils...

Oh, Steve? Uh, you could never, ever repay your wife for such a concession.  I feel like I'm dealing with the devil with every allowance made from mine.  I hope to see you there or some other time.  PM me and lets arrange for us, along with Jim Scott, to meet and go bogging.

I met Griffin and was gonna meet Copper but she got laid up for a bit but I hope to still see her later this Spring/Summer. A month after I joined the forum Rattler came to Omaha but we didn't know each other yet so i guess I missed my chance. Maybe another day. Oh, I also met Griffin's friend who partly runs the local college GH. He was a good guy too - don't remember his name though.

Joe

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ April 02 2005,9:14)]JBL's driveway is lines with Sarracenia?

mine just has daffodils...
Hi there JLAP! No, I wish I had the energy to do that much digging. I have a steep drive with steps along the side leading up to my house on a hill (you know, like Norman Bates!--just kidding). On each step I have large black plastic mortar mixing tubs, each of which are filled with 4-6 two gallon pots with my Sarracenia. I hope that rubra cross I sent last year survived. I just uncovered my bog and they look horrid. But spring has sprung!

they did survive and are sending up buds, as well as making new growth points!

they look a little ragged right now because of the weird weather we've been having, putting them in and out and in and out, but they are doing absolutely fabulously!

Unfortunately I have only met two forum members...Mike (Cynic81) who goes to school here at VCU and Bob up in Winchester. I wish I could meet more. I haven't been able to find any other CP folks here in Richmond.
smile_h_32.gif

But anybody coming near Richmond, VA....stop by!
smile.gif

Hi PAK! I would visit you. Do you go to Meadoview for events?

PlantaKiss-There's a Richmond just half an hour away from me,is that the same Richmond you're talking about?I'm in BC Canada.FlyTrapGurl-I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!My dad is horrible like that.Everytime I talk infront of him about your guys,he's all grumpy about it,saying that they're all psychos and stalkers and I shouldn't believe a word they say!He does the same with all online stores and places like E-Bay.I told him that I was getting seeds from E-Bay and the shipping was only $1.50US,well the first thing he said was "I DON'T BELIEVE THAT!!!Everything from E-Bay(shipping I mean)costs $25US MINIMUM!!!"I was like,ok so you're telling me that they're gonna charge me $25US for a small package of seeds???He's a nice guy,he's just way too paranoid!Oh BTW I haven't met anyone
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]saying that they're all psychos and stalkers

Your Dad knows me?

OMG Ozzy! I JUST sent you my home address,LOL.Great!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Back