Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Think about what you write before you post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe, Makin me feel old with that "Mr." lol. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] (jk)

I allready feel old!

\"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and very nicely written Ram.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes... i am guilty of several of those. In fact i am woefullt familiar with thata nd the feeling of guilt over it. See, i have a problem that i have been queit about. I have a mild social Autism, and i know all too well the consequences of what you have spoken of. If any of you think (im not suggesting anyone does) i am tactless here, you should meet me in life (no, you shouldnt). The inability to tell tones of voice, facial expressions and underling intent of normal human conversations, including knowing of regular curtesies and such. Really, i am getting better, but its been a struggle. i usually get burned when i engage in social contact and as a result leand a reeletevly soitary existance with the exeption of this forum. I dont know how my words have interpereted here, but if ... i 'ave insulted anyone it is truly not my intent. The people here in general are very freindly and outgoing, and it is a true joy to talk to you all. I just wanna thank you all, so...

Thanks
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, do you have Aspergers Syndrome, specifically? I have an 11 year old son who has been diagnosed as such. Yes, reading social cues and expressing himself in tactful ways is a struggle for him. We gotta talk, dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 04 2005,7:07)]Let me be frank, there are a few people here that I 'debate and argue' with on a daily basis, that I think are great people, I like them, and enjoy our discussions.
    I am sorry Rampuppy but are they really your friends if you argue daily on a basis? LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] I could not resist...I know what you mean, just sounds funny.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what your saying Travis, and I think we can all agree that with few exceptions, what we call a friend on 'the net' is different than what we call a friend in every day life. Though a few people here do fall into that category for me.

You know, one of my most rewarding dating experiences in life (no, not that way those of you with naughty minds!) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] was pretty much this. I am a republican right wing Fiscal Conservative, a moderate when it comes to social issues, and what I call a 'conservative conservationist' (For instance I would love to see all reefs and bogs protected more heavily, but I accept that there is a point when development must happen in some areas (such as anwar))

The girl I was dating, I met in my spanish class at college, She was an Ultra Left Wing Liberal Democrat, her grandmother sat on several pro-hispanic boards in my area and she (and her granny) were very active in the local democratic party. She was also an 'ultra-conservationist' and pretty much held all the opposite political views that I did, in addition to being an exotic dancer.

She and I had a 'chemistry' and we both loved hanging around each other, and we fought CONSTANTLY over our beliefs, but it was FUN. We ended up breaking up because her family wanted her to date only hispanics, and when my family found out how she made a living, they flipped. We didn't care for a while, but you can only fly in the face of your blood kin for so long, and it soured it for us both. So we moved on. She actually works about 10 rows down from me now. But I hardly ever see her.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks dude. There are a few exceptions when I say blood means nothin. I have to say your circumstance would be one but you're right you can only resist for so long before they may try to make it miserable or impossible to enjoy each others company.

P.S., 1st page is well written. Many times my patience are much thinner.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimscott, yes that is the specific syndrom, but i only found aout a few years ago. before i was bounced around from one dignosis to the next, includiing ADD, and iv had some bouts with depression before.

And rampup, iv been in auite a few relationships like that where arguing is fun... there quite interesting
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast