What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ram got stolen last night

I agree that is wrong, and as well completely sucks. I am sure the (somebody) will do something about it if they see it from your point of view. I mean it was not your wrong having the Ram stolen or anything, not at all. It is not your fault, therefore you shouldn't have to pay.

Hmmm, now when I see anything ridiculous I think of the *event* that happened at the last april fools! Subconciously. Then I remember it didn't happen, and heave a sigh of relief. Darn you ozzy!
smile_n_32.gif

But still since this DID happen, ouch, good luck in sorting it out Ram.
smile.gif
You and your pocket have my condolences.
smile_m_32.gif

Things like this make you wonder how these idiots were elected or appointed.

Keep your head up my brother.

Yeah, this situation is so frustrating. I'd send somebody to small claims court, and if you want to embarrass them, use the media and get on the 7 'o clock news!

yup scott, you got the acronym right.

I have more info today. Apparently, because my vehicle was stolen from inside a business, the case is being handled by burglary, not stolen vehicles. I called the impound lot up again and talked to someone who finally sounded like they were not 5 cylinders short of a V6, and found out that the detective can WAIVE the impound charges, all I will be accountable for is towing.

So, I called up the detective, and talked to him, and he basically acted like he wasn't aware of that policy (probably because he doesn't deal with auto theft on a daily basis). He is trying to coordinate the release, and waiving of fines right now. I am pretty relieved over this, and I hope he comes through for me.

cool sounds like a simple mix up more than a delibrate thing. very cool. glad its working out.

awful thng to have happen that totally sucks. The worst things ever etolen from me was... not mucth, but you have my sympathy

Gosh, Ram, been there! I'm so sorry...that's what they do in Chicago!

Our band van was stolen. It was recovered 2 weeks later by the Po-lice, and towed to the city pound. The pound took their time about calling the owner of the van to tell him it had been found. He had to pay about $1.5K to get it out of the pound. So, you're victimised twice..once by the thieves, and again by the city. What a bunch of poop!

Please do engage in your letter writing/media campaign! If you yell loud enough...you will get some action, as the city gov't doesn't want to be made to look too bad. Good luck! April

definately not a mixup, this is standard practice!

HOWEVER!!!!!

I just got off the phone with the rather AWESOME Detective MARPO, and he has arranged that ALL FEES have been waived! YAY!

I am on my way down to get the truck now (After 2 hours of being on the phone w/ people!)

Glad things are working out now and you do not have to folk out money. Hope your truck is still in one peace.

Glad to hear it ram. You're fourtunate, my drummers D. durango subs. V6 variation (white), pingman has taught me well
biggrin.gif
, was stolen out of his apartment complex. Two day later the police found only the back part of the carrage, and not a scratch on the paint. This was in South Houston,TX.

OK,

Got down to the impound lot a little after 4 (long drive, had to stop and get cash JUST IN CASE, and pick up the title on the way down there to show proof of ownership.)

The wrecker arrived before I could go down and inspect the vehicle, and they would only allow one of us on the lot at a time, so I let him grab it, and I followed him back to the shop. Once there I did my inspection, here is where the Ram stands now:

Front Seats Removed
All interior lighst smashed
Cigarette lighters stolen
Ashtray Stolen
Jack and related equipment stolen
Heavy Duty Trailer Hitch stolen
DC Tire Air Pump Stolen
DC 1 Million Candle Lamp Stolen
AC/DC Converter Stolen
400 CD's and the 2 CD Wallets they were in = Stolen
there are scratches all over the outside of the truck, so it will have to be repainted
Tailgate - Stolen

Suprisingly, they left all the tires, didn't touch the stereo, and left the checkbook and debit card that were in the drivers side cubby alone (probably didn't see it)

The insurance adjuster will be out to inspect the truck tomorrow.

I suppose it could have been worst
confused.gif
? That is a bummer. At least they did not take your check book and debit card.

Ack! Ram, sorry about all this crap! What a rotten thing to have happen. Well, at least you got the fees waived, and insurance should cover the rest, but that really doesn't make up for the agrevation.

Buzz kill!

Your right schloaty, it was an ABSOLUTE buzz kill! funny development, a local new station ran a story on this tonight! not about me, but on the situation in general, the city is going to take a lot of bad press over it I think.

Sorry to hear about the truck. You might want to cancel the debit card and checks. Even if they left them in the truck, they still have your info and might have used the card.

My friend left her gas card in her car (specifically to spite her mom who told her to remove it) while the dealer repaired it. Some punks at the dealership rang up all of their personal gas charges on it and then put the card back in the cubbyhole when she picked up her vehicle so that it wouldn't look like it was stolen.

Oh man.. I am so sorry for your loss (truck person here).

You know what? I thought you meant computer RAM when I first saw this thread, not a Ram. I spend too much time on the computer. Seriously.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 13 2005,3:02)]definately not a mixup, this is standard practice!
Glad it worked out for you. But are you saying the default in such a situation is that the victim pays these costs, unless the whim of the detective is to let you off the hook?

What if they later caught the guy who stole it? Would they extract the relevant fees from him, and reimburse you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 13 2005,10:08)]400 CD's and the 2 CD Wallets they were in = Stolen
I don't carry any original CDs in my car; I make a copy, and keep that in the car. If it gets lost or stolen, no big deal.

Back