What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with endparen..the hottest discussion here is not that hot compared to some I've seen.

Some people just don't like debate.  They should avoid threads that give the faintest whiff of debate within. According to the rules I read, this is an off topic forum.  It was made quite clear.

And if you're going to post an argument, you should be ready to defend it with facts, something approximating facts, or your own experiences.  SIH liked to foment debate(I'm game!), and didn't like it when people disagreed with his opinions.

His posting that he's leaving leads me to believe that he wants to be begged to come back.    

I am still awed and grateful that the mods and owners even ALLOWED some of these threads to show up.  You don't see this kind of forward thinking very often, and I hope they don't change a thing.  I didn't follow every thread, but I really didn't see anything even quasi-brutal in the ones I did follow.  April

If brisco225 didn't point this thread out to me, I would have totally missed this exodus of sort. Show's how much I read the "General Discussion" threads. I guess I've been following this philiosophy all along:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you think the General Forum does not hold any topics that are of interest to you or you think its annoying, don't go there. Stick to the Forums that appeal to you.

Yeah, I stick to the Drosera/Pinguicula/Utricularia forums 90% of the time, so I miss out on all the "excitement".

Homer

Sad to see you go Joe.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ April 12 2005,9:09)]This is still the tamest forum I'm on. If you ask me, the "controversial" discussions here are still a breath of fresh air when you take a look at what the rest of the internet usually has to offer.
You're right, most of the people haven't been to ABSforums, have they? This place is paradise compared to there, and i still actively post there. Some people just need to toughen up, and in some cases, get some perspective.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ April 13 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ April 12 2005,9:09)]This is still the tamest forum I'm on. If you ask me, the "controversial" discussions here are still a breath of fresh air when you take a look at what the rest of the internet usually has to offer.
You're right, most of the people haven't been to ABSforums, have they? This place is paradise compared to there, and i still actively post there. Some people just need to toughen up, and in some cases, get some perspective.
I will cry if I want too!
smile_n_32.gif

Travis...It's your party and you can cry if you want to.
smile_m_32.gif
I have a shoulder...

Darn straight. Thanks for the shoulder PAK! I will bring a pillow too..
laugh.gif

Ummmmmmmm....lol....a pillow?? Ummm...errr.....
laugh.gif

I didn't realize any members felt FORCED to be here. If there are members who have someone pointing a gun to their heads to log on and participate here, please contact me and we'll see about contacting the police for possible kidnapping or extortion charges.
laugh.gif

I always thought members come here because they want to. I always believed it to be an open venue for information and fellowship. Not a prison camp.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ April 12 2005,5:38)]Why not just switch to a different CP forum and only come here when you absolutely have to? Thats what I did. There are other CP forums out there, lot of them with much more, eh, intellectual discussion.
And when would it be that you absolutely HAVE to come here I wonder?... No offense but no one is obligated to come here and I would hate to think this place is a burden upon anyones back.

To me this place and the people in it are family to me since I've been here for almost 4 years now. I've been to other sites and believe it or not we all grow the same plants pretty much. So Im sure the advice given by members whether its from here or wherever is great advice by experienced growers.

Im sorry but I think its rather awful to think that someone would HAVE to come here. Its like HAVING to go that horrid stinky stale smelling aunts house who apears to be on deaths door on special occasions and pretend like youre having fun because your parents will whoop your behind if you dont.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I ain't here to meet Peter ahyukin Pan and his "lost boys" or others that don't have the balls to stand up because their afraid it will hurt chances for trading.

i like that.. and its very true

You got some nerve to say that Bonnie.

I only know of two "real" cp forums. this one and cpuk.

i dont really much care for cpuk.

and i think the reason for making it public that your leaving is so people don't worry about what happened to you.

i'd much rather know someone has chosen to leave than be in the dark. people have gone without telling us before and for all i know they could have been in an accident.

Bonnie the others must not be so great, you keep coming back to this one.

Yes but SIH could have just said "I am not interested in this hobby anymore. I have found other things that have taken up my time. Thank you!" or something like that. Keeping it simple without hurting anyones feelings or sounding like a baby.

that's all he ever did, travis. he thrives on drama.

LOL...well he got it.
smile_m_32.gif

Now now peoples. SIH can leave for whatever reason he wants to. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy. People have different manners about them and how they handle conversations. Feathers get ruffled sometimes. No biggie. SIH also contributed in good ways too.

And there are a number of good CP forums around including CPUK and other foreign-language forums. There should be something for everyone's tastes. There are good and bad aspects to every forum. You choose which ones you like the best and enjoy yourself. No forum is a prison. The door swing both ways.

I have gone without logging onto this site for a few months myself, and can almost guarantee that SIH will be back. It is funny at how people work like that. Some just disappear temporarily, and others make a dramatic entrance/exit. I am a life-long addict of CP’s and absolutely LOVE this site, REGARDLESS of the drama that may go on here. I’ll admit that I did not like SIH’s approach to many of his postings, but his ideologies were intriguing! He’ll be back….. just like the rest of us who cannot resist the temptations of the TerraForums!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back