What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The recipie for prejudice

OH NO, my blood type is B+
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I'm ABneg...jeez, I must be a real ****.  
smile_m_32.gif
 april

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm ABneg...jeez, I must be a real ****.
smile_m_32.gif
april

I agree, my wife is AB- . This blood type thing must be real.

I don't even know my blood type. I really should find out one of these days.
confused.gif

Whew! For a long time I thought it was some kind of severe personality disorder, mental illness, or genetic flaw. But it's just the wrong blood type.

How can I be negative when I am O positive.
smile_m_32.gif

Wow, funny. In this country, girls go after type B men
biggrin.gif

Too funny, Ozzy!  You made me spit my drink all over the monitor.......

Anyway...did anyone ever hear of the study done with 3rd graders, done in the late 60's, early 70's, I believe....

The teachers were instructed to inform selected classes that blue-eyed children were superior to brown eyed children.  Or maybe vice-versa, I don't remember. The blue-eyed children were given special priviledges, extra recess, etc., etc.

Sure enough...the brown-eyed kids were quickly oppressed by the blue-eyed ones and treated as 2nd class citizens.  And this was all with one suggestion by a teacher.  

Prejudice is easy to start...hard to stop!

Suddenly I'm inspired to dig up one of my favorite books.

0394800893.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 14 2005,9:34)]Too funny, Ozzy!  You made me spit my drink all over the monitor.......

Anyway...did anyone ever hear of the study done with 3rd graders, done in the late 60's, early 70's, I believe....

The teachers were instructed to inform selected classes that blue-eyed children were superior to brown eyed children.  Or maybe vice-versa, I don't remember. The blue-eyed children were given special priviledges, extra recess, etc., etc.

Sure enough...the brown-eyed kids were quickly oppressed by the blue-eyed ones and treated as 2nd class citizens.  And this was all with one suggestion by a teacher.  

Prejudice is easy to start...hard to stop!
Now do you remember the tongue and cheek skit that Saturday Night Live did, about light & dark...?

That 60's study is famous. It is used in virtually every history course since then. At our public library they asked for volunteers to re-enact it. I helped set up for the little kids. Has anyone seen the one with Tom Brokaw (sp?)? Same thing but done in the late 80's. It's the predicessor to reality TV. They picked people like a "skin head" and an outspoken young "Jewish girl" ("" for lack of better word). And had them talk one on one infornt of an audience about racism. Very interesting.

I don't even know my blood type.

April, what about people with hazel eyes?

People with hazel eyes are superior, of course. Just kidding...you know...I don't remeber what they did about kids who had hazel eyes...but I would suspect that the blue-eyed kids were superior to them, too.

Yeah, well, they can BITE ME and my hazel-eyeness.

Ahhhh..the mulatto treatment! I forgot about that possibility! I got hazel eyes, too. April

I'm proud of it because I have the same color eyes as David Duchovny.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ April 17 2005,4:20)]Maybe they got mulatto treatment?
What is that? Is that like getting the worst of both worlds?

Back