What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two thumbs up

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
Hey everybody. I know there has been some less than positive posts on here lately, so I wanted to start a full blown positive one! I want to thank all the moderators for doing their job, and doing the best that they can. I also want to thank Tony, and Phillip (and everyone else who helps out) for making this a great place to discuss topics and get help with growing plants, and advice on just about anything we can think of.

Thank you!!!

- Joel

Yep, Thanx to everyone. Well, maybe not.. I'd a probably been happy with 2 vft's and not spent anymore money on more plants had you all not gotten me hooked...:p

Anyway, I'm very happy I found these forums to help me learn more about CPs.

Thanks! I know it gets discouraging sometimes, but this forum needs you mods to keep it running smoothly! And members, need to post less controversial subjects!
smile_n_32.gif
Come on! You know better! Hang in there, and try to ignore some of the attention seekers/drama magnets.

Thanks for all of your help!
Alex

smile.gif
thanks
smile.gif

you know this is a great place and I love it here as Ive said before this is family to me. Sometimes we may rub each other the wrong way but thats what family does... right? Its to be expected in a huge group of people especially with everyone comming from different back grounds. But all in all we have fun here.
I would like to point out though on a side note that if you ever feel offended or off in any way due to anything posted here let one of us mods know, thats what we're here for. It doesnt make you a rat and we mods know how to keep things confidential. Dont let things build up to the point where youre screaming mad inside and blow up or leave. Also please note that us mods do have other lives aside from here so we dont always have tome to watch each and every thread. Believe it or not we do rely on members as well to keep this our little "Happy Place". Oh and one more thing we are always willing to talk and make friends so feel free to just say "hi" if youre bored.
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks Mods and all the others that make this place safe and fun.There's way more possitive stuff on this thread than negative so that's good.I think every forum(and anything else)has it's ups and downs,which is fine,but what makes this place great,is that the people in charge know how to handle it well when things go a little crazy.Thanks again,I don't think I'm gonna be leaving anytime soon  
smile.gif
 *Niki*(Trapper7)
smile_r_32.gif

Oops,I meant to write,there's way more possitive things in this FORUM,not thread
smile_n_32.gif

When I first came here, thought I will be here maybe a week. Had really never thought I would make friends here but that has changed. Since I have been here I have meet a few people and got to know some by messenger. Now this forum is in my favorites. Thanks everyone for keeping this well run!
smile.gif

Thanks you guys and gals!  Its funny...before I even saw this topic, I was just thinking about making a post Shelly did.  But she beat me to it.  
smile_n_32.gif

We all have concerns about recent upheavals in the forums.  We are not happy about it.  But like Shelly said, we have such a diverse group in everything from age to culture to moral values..everything under the sun. And as hard as we might try, we can't please everyone all of the time.  We want to!  Personally I think its the diversity here that makes this place so wonderful.

You need to look at discussions forums like cafeterias.  You might go to one, look around and not see anything there that appeals to you.  So you get in your car and drive to another one.  That one you might like better.  But even still, as you look at what they're offering, you aren't going to want to partake of it ALL.  *So you pick and choose what you like and leave the rest behind.*  That is the only way to be happy with what you have. I don't think any one CP forum is the "end all, be all" to CPs. They each have a lot to offer.

Personally I feel the membership here is the best bunch of folks you could ever meet.  The kindness, generosity, humor and caring is just exceptional.  Even though I will probably not meet most of you, I would sure want to...and still consider many here really great friends...REAL friends.

Like Shelly said, the mods are always here to help out in any way we can.  You have but to ask!  Don't let something that's bothering you sit in your gut until it explodes.  Talk to us.  We will do our darnest to fix a problem or help anyone out.  We might not always be able to do it, but we'll sure try.  There are many of you here that have sought our help, even sometimes with "off forum" issues.  So many of you know how much we'll go to bat for you.  But there will always be a handful who can never pleased.  Such is life.  We will not sacrifice the forum at large for a few.

I love Phil for putting up with what he has to at times when he is so busy.  Without his generosity and caring about CPs and the community, we wouldn't have this MOST EXCELLENT forum.  And then you add in the great mix of people we have and...well...I think its a wonderful place.

No forum is ever going to be "perfect", so we just have to remember this and accept it for what is.  A great community of wonderful people who all share a love for growing carnivorous plants.

Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive of the mods.  Its no picnic sometimes.  You all don't always know what goes on "behind the scenes" or hear *both sides* of the story.  Please bear that in mind.

Hey, I love this place! I wasn't even looking for a discussion forum. I only stumbled onto it, while trying an intensive online search for what kind of plants the garden centers were selling me. What an incredible goldmine of information about plants, computer development, and cyber friendships!

To reiterate and make very clear - PLEASE, PLEASE, if someone has offended you - use the PM's! Get it settled privately. It humiliates people when they are discussed in negative terms, on a public forum. Nip it in the bud. Perhaps there is a simple misunderstanding / misinterpretation of what was said. I know, because a friend was teasing me on the forum and it didn't feel like teasing. I PM'd him and discovered that no harm was intended. In fact, it was his way of expressing confidence in the friendship.

this is the best CP forum personality wise that ive run into. i stick around and some of my heart felt personal and politcal beliefs are in the minority here. i seem to have only rubbed a few ppl the wrong way on occation, mostly on issues that i was on the complete opposite side on. one of these was with Copper who is still a very good friend. very generous group of ppl too!!

there IS one thing thats been bugging me........ Jim did your cat get nailed by a vampire bat??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 14 2005,4:32)]there IS one thing thats been bugging me........ Jim did your cat get nailed by a vampire bat??
Looks like it to me
smile_n_32.gif
. Mouth open, fangs showing. Definately purring, "I vant to drink your blood!"

I've been on the forum long days now (3yrs?). I enjoy reading most everything on the forums but I avoid most of the debate type topics 'cause I'm right and everybody else is wrong but I can't take time to prove it 'cause I have to read the other topics
smile_n_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif
. Actually I like to relax by reading the topics but the debate stuff gets me wound up so I tend to skip it.

BCK...that's EXXXXACTLY how it should be done.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ April 14 2005,9:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 14 2005,4:32)]there IS one thing thats been bugging me........ Jim did your cat get nailed by a vampire bat??
Looks like it to me
smile_n_32.gif
.  Mouth open, fangs showing.  Definately purring, "I vant to drink your blood!"

I've been on the forum long days now (3yrs?).  I enjoy reading most everything on the forums but I avoid most of the debate type topics 'cause I'm right and everybody else is wrong but I can't take time to prove it 'cause I have to read the other topics
smile_n_32.gif

smile_l_32.gif
.   Actually I like to relax by reading the topics but the debate stuff gets me wound up so I tend to skip it.
Steve? Shall I tell him the real source of this anomoly?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 15 2005,3:59)]Steve? Shall I tell him the real source of this anomoly?
smile_n_32.gif
Go ahead. No one will believe you anyway 'cause they all know what a sweet guy I am
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
I'd never put some innocent kitty on its head! Noooo Sir! Not me! It was the other guy.....Honest!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ April 16 2005,1:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 15 2005,3:59)]Steve? Shall I tell him the real source of this anomoly?  
smile_n_32.gif
Go ahead.  No one will believe you anyway 'cause they all know what a sweet guy I am
smile_n_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif
  I'd never put some innocent kitty on its head! Noooo Sir! Not me! It was the other guy.....Honest!
Musta been one of the other Steves. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Seriously, These Moderators try real hard to make sure that we can express ourselves. No way one can accuse them of censorship or micro-managing. But they DO have to evaluate caustic threads and make decisions.

To reiterate, if ya have a beef with someone - PM them!!! If that doesn't work - PM a moderator. DON'T air the dirty laundry on this public forumfor all to see. That is humiliating and hurtful!

Back