What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok i'm bored, so here are some pictures..

Large pictures, load at your own risk.
smile_r_32.gif

Here is a Picture of a Great Blue Heron, Flying over the lake.
Last Summer. This one hangs out in my yard every morning, atleast he did last summer.

This is one I took down the lake just after the first frost this past winter. Thaught the frost looked kewl on the trees.

Here are a few I took of a humming bird, that got trapped in my garage, and we found pretty much dead.. But we were able to get it back to healthy. It actually spent the night in my house. Released it in the morning once it had plenty of sugar water to drink.

And Finally some pictures I took in New Mexico.

Doesn't really show in the picture but the column below is actually about 25 feet tall. Wish the guy wouldn't have ducked behind it when I took the picture. I wanted him in it for a size referance.

smile.gif
cool pics!! thanks for sharing. Do you live next to the lake?

Yep, I live right on the lake.
Well. Ok not on it. 100 feet from my backdoor is the water.

Ya, It's great. Tho I tend to slack off on everything, and end up fishing when I have so many other things I should be doing.

This is a picture taken from on my deck. Winter picture.

how'd you get it to sit on the stick? cool!

It was flying around in the garage and I couldn't get it to go out. A friend stopped by and we went out to the bar. When we came back it was passed out on top of a fishing pole. So passed out we couldn't even pull it off. I didn't try to pull that hard tho, didn't want to break it
smile_m_32.gif
I put the fishing pole outside leaning against my car and went inside. Went out to check on it 10 minutes latter and it was flying around the garage again. It would fly for a bit and land on another fishing pole, fly for a bit back to the pole. So I put my hand where the pole was and it landed on my hand the next time. Carefully cupped it with my other hand and took it in the house. I had just mixed some food for in the feeder that day and had alittle left over that I had put into the refridgerator.
I dipped my fingure into the food had a drop on the tip of my fingure put it close to the hummingbird and it would lick it off it was really cool. Feed it like that for probably a half hour. The whole time the thing was just sitting on my hand, wasn't even trying to fly away. After it started feeling better it would fly around the house and then land on my head. Feed it a bit more, this time I slowly kept putting my finger closer and closer to the cup of sugar water until it was drinking right from the cup. Let it sit on the cup all night. Went to bed, and in the morning we took it outside put it on the hummingbird feeder, it sat there and ate for a few minutes and took off.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! *sniff* Brought a tear to my eye! What a wonderful story.
smile.gif
I love hummingbirds. They actually don't have much fear of humans as you found out. If you stand near a feeder they will buzz right by your head like you're not even there. Fascinating lil' critters.

Beautiful photos too! You're very lucky.
smile.gif

Very nice pics,thanks for sharing
smile.gif
I especially like the sunrise/sunset one
smile.gif
Wow it must be neat living by a lake,and I love fishing too so that's probably what I would do too
smile_n_32.gif
It was really nice of you to help out that Hummingbird,I'm sure you're his hero now
smile_m_32.gif
Maybe he'll come visit you again just to say hello.*Niki*(Trapper7)

OK Guys, I know the prescription for my glasses is 2 years old so things are a tad blurry at a distance, but I can't see any pics at all. Just blank spaces. No boxes with little <span style='color:red'>X</span>'s. Nothing. Help me. Am I going blind!
smile_h_32.gif

Dunno what to say BCK, seems like everyone else could see them. they are just thumbnails, maybe see if you can mouse around and find something to click on.

Tried mouseing over, but that didn't work either. I'm using Mozilla and I suspect there is something about the coding for the thumbnails that it is "choking" on, so it just ignores them. When the mouseing over failed, I then highlighted everything in each of your posts, right clicked, and then clicked "View Selection Source". I was then able to find the links to your pics there and did copy/paste to the address bar to see them.

This is what your last link (the winter scene) looked like: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Winter picture.<br><a href="http://img98.echo.cx/my.php?image=picture0075zv.jpg" target="_blank">[/QUOTE]

Hmm, don't know why mozilla isn't catching them. Firefox?
Been wanting to reinstall it. maybe now would be a good time.

i'm using mozilla. i can see the pictures. copy and the url to your browser.

I'm using Mozilla too and it works fine. Are you using any other anti-spyware software? Or zone alarm? Something like that could be blocking them.

Nice pictures! That would be awesome living that close to the lake, but I would do the same as you, fish or swim instead of doing the work I should be doing! lol.

That's cool that you saved that hummingbird too. That would be neat for one to drink off of my finger!

Could be Zonealarm. Hadn't thought of that. I'll check the settings.

Yea, that is neat that you saved the hummer. I didn't have too many around my place last year. The year before I had quite a few. I get a kick watching the Rufus's trying to guard all the feeder's. They chase the compition away from one feeder and a couple more come in to feed at the one they just left. Reminds me of a lot of people around where I live.
laugh.gif

Back