What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think it's time...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 18 2005,9:37)]WHATEVER you do, DO NOT name that child Ozzy! Bugweed is a much more stable name, and has a nice ring to it!!!!!! Raising kids, eh? RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN, ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what on earth are you talking about? Both of those names suck
smile_n_32.gif
Call him Dino thats a much better name
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

LOL LOL LOL j/k
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Awwww that is So awesome!!!!!
smile.gif
congrats to the both of you!!! I wish I could run over and give you both hugs!!

Well congradulations to the both of you!
smile.gif

I am so happy to hear this news. I will keep you both in my prays. I get to make a another sock !

I think there is only one fair thing to do. You should auction off the right to name the child on the upcoming NASC auction. I'll start it at $10.

I agree with Bugweed, run while you can. I speak from experience.

Thanks again all for the contenuing best wishes...
Ozzy. I will not auction of the name. If this does infact end up to be a girl... We agreed back when we lost Canden that she would be named after Canden's RN. She loved him as much as those of us very close to him. We still talk to her every now and again. She too is very excited.
...if it is a boy? No. You still can't name it. HAHA although we are having one heck of a time comming up with a boy name! Maybe cause we feel it's a girl from the start...
Andrew

Canden is a beautiful name
smile.gif
 And I think it's a great idea to name her after the nurse,that's very sweet.Does the nurse know you will be doing that?I've always wanted to name my child Caleb if a boy or Zoe if a girl. *Niki*
smile.gif

So don't keep us all in suspence, what's her name going to be?

I met Ozzy Osboune in '98 and there was a couple there with a baby. It's father said to Ozzy, "Ozzy meet Ozzmosis" They named the baby after Ozzy's album Ozzmisis. lol
Andrew, Hint, hint
smile_m_32.gif

The one child we have that we received as an infant was named after an elderly research chemist from Ghana who volunteered in soup lines for the homeless. I learned much from him. When he saw the spelling of our son's first and middle name... he knew and he cried. If that son grows up to be even half of what his namesake was, we will be very blessed.  Our other boys were older and came with names. I think it is the greatest honor you could ever bestow on anyone to name a child after them and that RN must truly be dancing on cloud 9 if you shared this with her. What incredibly loving, compassionate, and appreciative souls you and your wife must be. Congratulations on making it through the first trimester and here's my family's prayer for you that your baby (with or without plumbing) is healthy.

Congratulations!

So...what was the RN's name? And darn...I thought Ozzy idea of auctioning off the right to naming the baby was pretty cool.
laugh.gif

Never hurts to get suggestions. Someone might come up with something you haven't thought about. Like Sanguinea or Drosaphyllum or Bicalcarata...hehe.

Sorry, I didn't keep up with the post enough to see that many had asked the name... but a CP name is definatly out of it... LOL The Dr. apt was monday and today was the sono... everything for both still looks perfect. And the sono today also showed it is a girl... so it looks like the name is going to be Laurel Ryanne Beauchamp. (Laurel being the RNs name) Currently she is almost 20 weeks old and weighs about 3/4 a pound. I think that's all the details I had... Oh, since we found out it is a girl... Deangela wanted to go out and buy some clothes... We went to Ross and Walmart... and spent just over 100 bucks. Girls.... hehe
Cya!
Andrew

RNs name. Sorry I don't follow terminology really but what does that mean (RNs name)?

An RN is a Registered Nurse. They're naming her after the nurse that worked with them before.

Capslock

Oh lucky you!  You two get to buy lace and eyelet and pinks and all kinds of frilly stuff. This is a girl Andrew!  A hundred bucks is a drop in the bucket! Just wait until she wants designer clothes for herself and for her Barbie dolls!

I love Laurel's full name and I love the reasoning behind how it was chosen even better. That special RN is truly blessed to be honored with the naming of your baby after her.

see!? I told you! Go take all those new computer parts back and start spending it on your daughter!

BAD Rampuppy! BAD!! hehe BTW, I got the UV lights in today... Looks really cooool. Still looking for that "Way too much not nessasary" fan though
smile_n_32.gif
I need to buy Deangela one of those fan driven cooling mats off line for her laptop, i'll pick up a fan for me at that point... :-D (I'm going to try and get some time to start a new post about my new computer people... so don't ask questions about it. here... haha)

Yeah, a girl is alright. Next month my brothers little girl turns a year. So, at least they will have eachother to hang out with.

Oh, and I wasn't saying 100 bucks was alot... But a hundred in clothes... so many months before the kid is even born is little overboard I think.
smile_m_32.gif

100 in clothes before she's even born is easing you into it! Wait till you spend 3 hours in the shoe store while she tries every pair on and picks out 6 pairs to match 4 outfits and then demands 2 more outfits to go with the other 2 that she has no match for yet! Then she'll grow a week later and you get the fun of doing it again!

Girls are so much fun! I can't wait till Kyra gets older and we can start really getting into the non-toddler clothes! The Denim and the leather (no one tell her father!) and the heels! <Sigh> I think Kyra and I need to go shopping first thing when she gets home!

How bout Laurel Bugweed Beauchamp? Sounds good!

Back