What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abc mnf done!

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
and NBC will take Sunday Night games. Now you have to pay for Monday Night Football...What a bowl of beans that is!  
mad.gif
Sunday Night games are not all that great compared to MNF games. At least it is not on HBO...  
confused.gif

Aw, man! What a rip!
mad.gif

Woo Who, a reason to go to the bar on mondays.

I'm all for getting football off my TV...good lord, what a stupid sport, IMO. Very, very boring. Like watching paint dry. Run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball. GAK! No finesse, no grace, nothing but brute force and ignorance, to quote Rory Ghallager. YUK! Good riddance! IMO! April

Well you can enjoy the ABC Monday Night line up in 2006. At least I have cable but a lot people will be missing out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 18 2005,9:06)]I'm all for getting football off my TV...good lord, what a stupid sport, IMO. Very, very boring. Like watching paint dry.  Run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball.  GAK! No finesse, no grace, nothing but brute force and ignorance, to quote Rory Ghallager. YUK!  Good riddance!  IMO!  April
That would be "da Bears"! Of course MY teams - Oakland, Buffalo, and Dallas aren't exactly Super Bowl material right now.

Bummer....I enjoy MNF, I enjoy Sunday football...I enjoy college football. Shame on ABC
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 18 2005,9:06)]I'm all for getting football off my TV...good lord, what a stupid sport, IMO. Very, very boring. Like watching paint dry.  Run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball, run 30 feet, drop the ball.  GAK! No finesse, no grace, nothing but brute force and ignorance, to quote Rory Ghallager. YUK!  Good riddance!  IMO!  April
I couldnt agree more
smile_m_32.gif

football has been on TV before?
I never noticed..

its moving?
I still wont notice..

scot

you guys don't know a good sport when you see it....even on TV. Football rules!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Football is a great game. Every game actually means something during the season. Bottom line is the ratings from Monday Night Football will drop. ABC is going to lose money on that deal *even though ESPN is the sister network of ABC*.

if you consider a great game running mixed with pure violence then so be it...

Oh come on, Dino. It's not *violence*. It's how you play football. Players do not get injured *that* often. Man, some people really need to get over the violence issue. No offense. I'm just sick of this overreactive anti-violence kick everyone's on.

Gotta say, love PLAYING football, love GOING to football games, never could get into watching it on TV.

I think moving MNF to ESPN is a natural evolution in the networks, it makes sense.

I used to get very annoyed when the local UPN affilliate would interupt babylon 5 to show the spurs, and then not re-broadcast the episode, very annoying since it was a very tight arc based series. (miss a show and your out of the loop.) not that I don't LOVE my spurs.
smile.gif

Go Spurs Go.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 24 2005,2:31)]Oh come on, Dino. It's not *violence*. It's how you play football. Players do not get injured *that* often. Man, some people really need to get over the violence issue. No offense. I'm just sick of this overreactive anti-violence kick everyone's on.
so tackling and ramming each other is not violence?
Ive played rugby and thats very similar, all it is is violence with a ball and running mixed in

There are two kinds of violence: Planned, correct, tactical, necessary game-play violence and aggressive, unnecessary violence. And I don't even see how football is considered violence. It only LOOKS violent to people who happen to watch a few minutes of it. In football, plays are (usually) organized and planned out, and whatever tackling or ramming goes down is SUPPOSED to go down, and players are penalized for unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct.

If you don't like the show, change the channel.

youre not listening to me, I have played rugby which is very similar and found it to be very violent

No offense, but I think there's a difference between you and a 300-pound, 6'9'' dude decked out in total body-armor-like padding. They'll be OK.

well, I played football,
smile.gif
and having had a first hand experience I can tell you that some hits make your teetch chatter, but it is FUN!

Violence = intent to do harm in order to achieve ones goals.

Football is patently not violent quite simply because on an ordinary day, no one wants to hurt or kill the other team, they simply want to prevent them from achieving their goals, only half the equation is there.

is it rough? heck ya! do people get hurt? YES.. is it violent, Nope.

Real Violence is a much nastier thing than a bunch of guys/girls running around bumping each other around.

Back