What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird problems

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ April 18 2005,10:25)]Might as well add some soap to the bird baths then and give them a foam disco party.
Now ROFLMAO!! You win the funny contest dude!!! But will the birds do club drugs like 'X' for purple finches?

You could try collecting nectar from some Nepenthes and putting it dishes for them.. It gets the ants drunk, maybe the birds too.

Aww no kiss for me
smile_h_32.gif
lol.Scottychaos I've always wanted to ask you...since your plants are outside how do you get the right humidity level? *Niki*
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 18 2005,6:47)]Aww no kiss for me  
smile_h_32.gif
 lol.Scottychaos I've always wanted to ask you...since your plants are outside how do you get the right humidity level? *Niki*  
smile.gif
Niki,
I never, ever, even worry about humidity.
I think VFTs and Sarracenia are far more tolerant of humidity levels that people think.."high humidity" isnt really necessary..people who think VFts and Sarrs "need" to be a terrarium to keep humidity levels high are simply wrong..
the only CP where humidity needs to be a concern are nepenthes..and only for certain types of them too, not all neps..

In the summer around here, we have wide ranges in humidity, from 90% on hot sticky august days, to maybe 50% at the lowest..(the air does get very dry in the winter, btu the plants arent outside then anyway)
But I am close to lake Ontario, so its generally "humid enough" pretty much all the time.
I just dont even think of it..
I never even know what the humidity level is on any given day.
its not something people around here even think about.

unless you live in a desert, humidity shouldnt even be a concern for anyone..you dont even need to think about it, just put them outside and they will be fine!

Scot

Scot~Well you must be doing it right cause you're plants are very nice
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for the info! *Niki*
laugh.gif

Hey ScottyC, just want to let you know the CD idea seems to be working. I'm not seeing the bird activity around the plants. Thank you.
JB:D

Back