What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killed my first cp today....

Yeah, depending on your soil type(s) where your house is not the soil in your pots. There could be alot of minerals in it.

Pretty much what comes into the sump pump is the same as what people pump out of a well.

April is in Illinois. Her parents are in Florida.

No, not exactly. Sump discharge is more comparable to water from your gutters. Dependent upon which aquifer you hit when you drill a well, your water could be coming from anywhere. My water happens to be coming from Lake Superior I believe or maybe it was Lake Eerie. I’ll take the water from my sump or from the collection basins under my gutters any day over the well. Additionally, wells have to be chlorine shocked when they are new and chlorinated every time they are serviced around here. High sulfur in this area so people go to great lengths to be able to walk into their homes and not smell rotten eggs. I don't necessarily think sulfur will negatively impact a CP at lower concentrations. We started a collection of water purification systems attempting to rid ourselves of the rotten egg smell and to no avail as of yet. We even have an Iron Curtain system that is worthless in my opinion. I really think the water from her sump pit should be fine.

Oh Jiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmm, you can run but you can not hide. The animal abuse hot line folk are gonna find you. Giving your cat hallucinogens are we now? That poor cat of yours is so mixed up it’s… sideways now.

I'm a member of the nasty looking lawn society. I get comments every once in a while and all the lawn service companies that service our neighbors stop in regularly to drop of fliers. Guess our family won’t be pulling in any revenue from the Scott’s or Barefoot Lawn folk any time in the near future as we went chemical free a few years ago. Our lawn is no competition for any golf course is about all I can say.

I could never understand the obsession with the "perfect lawn." Maybe it just gives some men something to do that isn't about sports? April

I moved into an apartment about 10 years ago, and it had a dirt yard, so I got some "fast grow'' grass seed. In no time at all I had a nice lush lawn. What I didn't realize is, the grass grows sooo fast I had to cut it 2 times a week. If I didn't cut it, it would get all scraggly looking and overgrown. Needless to say, I stopped watering it and let it die.

Scott,
I'll cut on myself for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ April 19 2005,12:32)]I'm a member of the nasty looking lawn society. I get comments every once in a while and all the lawn service companies that service our neighbors stop in regularly to drop of fliers. Guess our family won’t be pulling in any revenue from the Scott’s or Barefoot Lawn folk any time in the near future as we went chemical free a few years ago. Our lawn is no competition for any golf course is about all I can say.

.......... I do not know if my wife is talking or someone is looking in the bedroom window, but I get alot of emails to improve performance!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ April 20 2005,6:57)].......... I do not know if my wife is talking or someone is looking in the bedroom window, but I get alot of emails to improve performance!
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
Wow! Who needs word association when a thread starts with 'killed my first cp today', and ends with this from Steve. Whats next Steve? We're on lawns, next is weed whacker, then...
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I lost track of this topic / thread. I missed some of the fun. Looks like we guys from SE PA are outgunned by the gals from Illinois! Isn't it always that way...."

Well, Dan has his "weed popper", and is quite happy wandering around the yard with it, popping out dandelions. He only goes after the ones that have the temerity to bloom. Almost zen-like, popping dandelions. You develop a rhythm whilst doing it. He's not really lawn obsessed. He mows it once a week, and that's it. Actually, for it's lack of pesticides and chemical fertilisers...it doesn't look half bad!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 21 2005,6:30)]I lost track of this topic / thread. I missed some of the fun. Looks like we guys from SE PA are outgunned by the gals from Illinois! Isn't it always that way...."
Us against Aprilh and LauraZ5? Like pea shooters against bazookas! At this point, they're not even responding. they've moved on. They're field stripping the guns, packing up, and laughing at our puny artillery as they move to the next zone.
smile_n_32.gif

Tomcat.gif

tank.gif
tank.gif
tank.gif
tank.gif

Back