What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going into public high school this fall

FTG, I think that's because in places like Florida (or here in San Francisco), it gets cold usually when it's also very humid. Cold weather when it's damp feels colder. Whereas in New England, it's usually dry when it gets real cold, so it doesn't feel as cold.

Does that make any sense?
Capslock

like humid hot weather feels hotter than dry heat

Yes, Caps, it makes alot of sense, because I knew that already. So there, even more truth to what I've been trying to say for the past month in this thread. Believe it or not, it DOES get cold here sometimes. I've lived here all my life and I've been in the North many times to compare. I think I'd know.

Rant over.

Why would anyone expect weather to be the same in Florida as anywhere else? Nothing else is.

It gets cold in Florida sometimes.  Not as cold as it gets here(-80 wind chill is dang cold)...but still cold enough to upset the locals. Damp cold(florida) feels colder than dry cold(Illinois in winter)   
smile_m_32.gif

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! Finally. Am I done here?

Yes, you're done.  So is your attitude.

Yes, you're done. So is your attitude.

And she said it twice to show you how much she means it.

Just had to start it up again, didn't we now.

get along.

I was just kidding, Tanya. BTW, If I have a problem with anyone's attitude...I PM them,
smile_n_32.gif
, then they PM the mods, and I get a nice e-mail. Hee heee. Aprilh

*nods slowly in a I-really-don't-get-this-but-I'm-gonna-act-like-I-do-anyway way*

Back