What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting thought on evolution

You want it, come and get it......

Well, I don't know about this not being a valid scientific theory. I mean, sure it would be a long planned process, but some natural processes which are accepted theories are equally extended in time. Look at the Carbon Cycle. C02 generated by volcanic eruptions float in the atmosphere for centuries before being tken up by plants in photosynthesis. Eventually that CO2 is bonded into sugars. When the plant dies, these products decompose, and the ground water eventually brings our little carbon to the sea. Once the carbon reaches the floor of the sea, it is pulled back into the earth by shifting tectonic plates where it remains until another volcanic explosion returns it to the atmosphere. It's a cyclic process spanning millions of years.

Jesuit monks also dealt with the questions of whether the world was created by God as complete in time vs unfolding in time. Also, time itself is a perception. Our perceptions tell us that all the time that has passed since we were single cells has been immense, but for another Being, this amount of time could be a smoke break, then go back in and see how the experiment fares.

If it's a scientific theory, tell me where the evidence is, how to test it, how to observe it, or how the "hypothesis" has been confirmed in any way.

That is such B.S. I hope no one actually believes it.

DNA has a lot of "junk" parts that don't seem to have any function.
Well according to the April 2005 edition of Technology Review LSD1 regulates (some) what DNA sequences get their instructions done.

So actually there are no junk parts. + the "junk parts " are mostly ancient virus' that have (to the best of our knowledge) been absorbed into the DNA strands and hence cause (some) evolution. (well the "jumps" anyway along with natural selection).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lol... If god is perfect, does he taste like chocolate? surely if god is perfect he must taste perfect too right? maybe he changes taste depending on your mood...
lol. I won't even go into more of my random thoughts.

See, now you've trivialized everything I said. I try to make a serious point, and this is what happens. *sigh*

If you can annoy me with your foreign-language-like obsessed scientific rationalities, I can annoy you with my open mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]See, now you've trivialized everything I said. I try to make a serious point, and this is what happens. *sigh*
what?! if god really is perfect in every way, wouldn't he taste perfectly too?
I don't see the difference between saying there is a god for every galaxy and saying god tastes great.
and in fact, i'm basing my... thought... on the bible since it says god is perfect. You're going against the bible because they say there is only one god.... You're trivializing the bible.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you can annoy me with your foreign-language-like obsessed scientific rationalities, I can annoy you with my open mind.
huh? foreign-language-like scientific rationalities? what do foreign languages have to do with this? RACIST! (lol just kidding)
open mind? about what? You're saying I trivialized your bible defying statement with a bible supported one and you say you can annoy me with your open mind? hmm....

Dude, youre taking FTG too seriously, but then she may be taking you too seriously. Oh well, I God sure is perfect but I don't believe He tastes like chocolate cause then Satan the rest of those RedHots would try and eat Him! LOL

lol.. but he's perfect so they can't get close to him cause he banished them :p

The Bible was written by people, not God. 'Nuff said.

Besides, the random thoughts I posted were just that: random thoughts. I didn't mean for them to be taken seriously (as I actually do have some serious random thoughts sometimes), but I didn't mean for it to be a massive laugh session either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]huh? foreign-language-like scientific rationalities? what do foreign languages have to do with this? RACIST! (lol just kidding)

I meant that the overly-scientific stuff you say almost sounds like a foreign language sometimes.

Back