What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asthma

hey everyone i went to the doctors yesterday and he says i either have a serious nasal infection or asthma, please keep me in your prayers i hope this wont affect my daily lifestyle that much

Oh no
smile_h_32.gif
well I really hope its not asthama, Il be thinking of you Kirk

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that's it's just allergies, Kirk. If it is asthma..it is treatable, remember that, too. My nephew has it. April

Don't worry Kirk, I had asthma and I outgrew it. You're still young, so it possible, if it is indeed asthma, you could also grow out of it. Just one of wonders how the body takes care of itself.
smile.gif

Oh geez that sucks.I'm keeping everything crossed for you.My mom had asthma when she was a kid,then it went away,but now 20 years later it's back.But it is treatable,don't let me scare you.Good luck
smile.gif
*Niki*

i have it. always have. no big deal at all.

Yeah, I grew out of it too. It really helps if you get involved in competitive sports. It's tough trying to run around and breathe, but it really helps in the long run.

Yikes, that sucks.

It may just be allergies, or a nasal infection. Hope it's either one of those, but mostly hope it's allergies.

Kirk, I will keep ya in my prayers, but a little bright spot for your future.

I grew up with "Exercise Induced Asthma" with proper treatment (inhaler) I was still able to play baseball, soccer, football, and various other sports and games. I pretty much grew out of it, but if I hadn't, no biggie, the medicines they make for asthma these days are incredible compared to what they had just a few short years ago.

now, if someone would just cure allergies... I can't seem to remember to take my pills every day.
smile.gif

i had about the worst case of asthma i have ever seen. from third through tenth grade about anything and everything seemed to kick it in. bout half way through my tenth grade year it pretty much disappeared with the exception of cats, being around cats would kick an asthma attack in. all was well and good till last year. working outside on an extreamly cold day more or less kicked it back in. asthma is a royal pain but 99% of the problems that come with it can be overcome or you can work around. like i said i had the worst case i have seen but i lived trough it and remained quite active in anything i wanted to be.

Asthma actually takes many forms. I had it too...probably since I was a child. It is commonly misdiagnosed as bronchitis especially in kids. It was only a problem for me when I got sick with an infection of some sort. Then I'd be sick for a loooong time. The medications didn't work because they were treating me with antibiotics which don't work for asthma. You ought to go have an allergy test. One doctor finally recommended that I found out my big allergy was mold.

It hasn't bothered me much in the last 10 years. I only had inhalers when I was sick and I hated them. They always made me feel bad for about 20-30 minutes.

But its not too big a deal. Like people have said, you can outgrow it.

Good luck!

Back