What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stomp on this face...

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Here's the battle helm goblin in full cartoony color:

orkcolor.jpg

Black & white version:
helm1.jpg

Looks GREAT just as it is. Beautiful artwork...as always.
smile.gif

Really, really nice work. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

My neighbor gave me a skateboard last week. Nothing special, he was going to throw it out. I wish I could take a skate-boarding class somewhere! I don't even remember how to do it...pathetic! April

It's easy: get on - fall off and try not to break something on your way down! Seriously that's all you need to know -the rest of the time is seeing how long you stay ontop of the board in different sitautions!
smile_n_32.gif

Take a visit to the magazine stand and you'll see a good set of different magazines which show skaters in their natural habitat: sidewalks, bank steps, bust stops, drainage ditches, dry swimming pools and sewer pipes. There's usually tricks photographed step by step but I haven't really read a skate mag in a looong time! Thrasher, and TransWorld SkateBoarding are still around and some new ones like Slap. Thrasher used to be very punk and zine like but nowadays it's pretty tame like TRSB but maybe that's just the crowd and every company and artist copying the same urban grafitii type art.

I was always a street skater/ramp rat when I was a lad, but mainly just using it to get from Jeffs house to Andys house, etc. I bought my decks because of the art (Zorlac brand specifically) so I never did a lot of grind tricks because I didn't wanna loose the art I paid so much for. I'm hoping my decks will fill a void of a world without Zorlac skateboards in business anymore.

Oh yeah, and never, ever take the advice of neighborhood kids who tell you to try scooting along with one knee. In 3rd grade I did that-the board popped up and I not only split my lip but have a permanent indentation from my retainer wire there! Hee! Anyway, playing Tony Hawk's Proskater or Underground can give you some ideas.

Just go outside and smack your head on the pavement a couple times. You'd then be accomplishing about as much as 3/4ths of the skaters I've observed.
smile.gif

heh! last week I was stuck at a red light and I saw some kids trying jump some stairs and clear the turn lane of an intersection... Some people get on and that's as far as they think. My old roomate insisted that I was a "wimp" (not the word he used) and he snatched my board shot down a really big hill near my house (probly a 70-80* incline). 1/2 the way down turned to me and said "See?!" just then he hit a chunk of gravel or something and did a cartwheel down the rest of the hill. By the time I got down to him his broken arm was swollen to about three times it's size looking like it was ready to pop! I just had to laugh - had there been a jackass TV show back then this little episode woulda been perfect!

Just start out in a nicely paved parking lot with little or no surface contours (hills) and just get used to balancing and getting yourself moving. You'll most certainly wipe out a few times but if you avoid the temptation to stick your arms and legs out (hard to do cos that's your instinct) you'll be safer and not break anything. Remeber: arms out like a cartwheel=bad, arms folded in = good. After you get balancing, moving turning and stopping down then move on to a hilly parking lot and so on. The more tricks you attempt the more chances of hurting yourself. Like anything start slow, buy lotsa bandages!
smile_n_32.gif

I put a full color copy up on top there! nice loud decal colors!
biggrin.gif

Very very nice Josh! If you ever do a sticker, let me know...I'll put it on my board. I rode it a little today. Tried to keep my arms in, but boy, is that hard. It goes against every instinct! I did wear a helmet, though. I have pretty bad balance, and that's why I'm trying to skateboard..I figure it will improve it.

I'll get you some decals no problem just PM me your mailing address - I'd be proud to have people use the stickers! I'll probly have the vynil decals back from the printers in 2-3 weeks. I'm just getting a few designs ready to send to press at one shot and save on postage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ May 01 2005,2:35)]I'll get you some decals no problem just PM me your mailing address - I'd be proud to have people use the stickers! I'll probly have the vynil decals back from the printers in 2-3 weeks. I'm just getting a few designs ready to send to press at one shot and save on postage.
I'll put one of your stickers on my bass, too! April.

Back