What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got the job!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I went in for a job interview a few weeks ago,and then after we finished the lady that interviewed me said that if she calls me a week later(Friday)then I got the job,if she doesn't call then I didn't get it.So anyways she didn't call,and I was a bit disapointed cause I really wanted that job,it would have been perfect for me.Well today(2 weeks since she said she would call if I got it)I got a phone call from her and she wanted to know if I have found a job yet,and I said no why,and she said cause she was wondering if I still wanted to work for her and I said YEAH! She said when can I start,I said anytime,so I start tomorrow at 10am! I guess she had hired someone else but it didn't work out or whatever,but I'm soooo happy!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
YAY! *Niki*(Trapper7)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Thanks guys! Now if only my plants would stop dying,everything would be great
blues.gif
I'm gonna work at a doggy daycare and spa,and my job will be walking the dogs,and playing with them.Wow what a crappy job...NOT!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif
*Niki*
laugh.gif

Congrats Niki!!! You're going to love it! Spending the day with a bunch of dogs - well, it could get a LOT worse than that! Good work, you must have done something right in the interview!

Capslock

Thank you Capslock:) Hey JimScott-now you won't be the only one working with poop,I'll be having to clean after the dogs,so now we got another thing in commin
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end!
smile_n_32.gif

Congrats Niki, having fun with dogs is a pretty cool job description!!

So how did your first day go?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:56)]LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end!
smile_n_32.gif
That's better than falling in the aeration basin in an extended aeration wastewater treatment plant
smile_t_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif

Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?

Well today was my first day.I didn't have the best begining.I was to be there at 10 and when I woke up and looked at the clock it was 10:24!!!Which is really weird because I never get up that late.I'm usually up by 6:30,the latest 8,so that was crappy.I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed
confused.gif
Anyways so I got there at a bit before 11 and she wasn't mad at me.I had to walk 3 dogs at a time,and one got soooo excited when we went down to the creek that she pulled me in!!! I was wearing shorts and she pulled me in so far that my shorts were wet at the bottom.STRONG DOG!!! But everything else went fine,lol.I got to groom a bit too,since I used to be a groomers assistant,so I got to dry some dogs today,that also went well.So I got off at 2:10.I am very sore now tho cause I have tons of blisters on my feet from walking the dogs.I need to get better shoes! *Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 26 2005,4:49)]... I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed
Oh no! I suggest that you think up a big apology for if (when) your boss finds out the truth. There is nothing worse for a boss than to discover that you cannot trust your employees to tell the truth. No matter how bad it seems at the time, getting caught in a lie is usually much worse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:18)]Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?
Let's just say that one day I became totally immersed in my work and leave it at that....
smile_m_32.gif

Nikki, you really should have told her the truth, that you overslept. Life happens and most bosses realize this. It would have been a bad way to start your first day of work (being late), but I'm sure that once she saw what a hard and enthusiastic worker you are, she wouldn't have minded your lateness.

Sounds like fun. Well as long as the dogs aren't mean

I know what I did was very wrong,but i PANICKED
smile_h_32.gif
*Niki*
smile_h_32.gif

How did day 2 go?
smile.gif

Well day two-Yesterday my boss asked me to be in today at 11 but then she calledc very early this morning and told me not to come in cause it's very slow,so I guess I have the day off,which kinda sucks cause I really wanted to go in.But tomorrow I have to be there at 11 also so hopefully it won't be too slow and I'll actually get to go in
smile_n_32.gif
Thanks for asking Jimmy
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

Back