What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music groups does everyone like?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 29 2005,3:11)]My mom looooooooves Led Zeppelin and Def Lepard.
Your mom has great taste.

For those in the know: Inna gadda da vida!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 29 2005,3:44)]For those in the know: Inna gadda da vida!!!!!!!
JAJAJAHAHHAAHHA!!!

that is one long song...

so what, am I the only Weezer Geek?

=w=!!!!!!

Hmmm... Iron Butterfly!

Hendrix, Venus in Furs, 70's glam rock, all techno/trance/electronica. love ska, vintage rock, reggae. pop, marilyn manson, Chemical Bros. , interpol, my chemical romance, etcetc. oh and sublime.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I literally, completely doubt I could survive, physcially survive, without music. It's an essential part of me and I really do seriously think I would go mentally insane without it and lose my mind. It keeps me sane.
amen!

I should go put in my CD of Iron Butterfly and jam out to the 17 minute Inna gadda da vida.

music-smiley-026.gif

LMAO,William Hung
laugh.gif
She bangs,she bangs
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

I rememember him. He was awful. We have a song introduced on the forums as, "She Clumps".

Well I like Flock of Seagull's hair.  But who doesn't?
I listen to 80s mostly but I do like (in no particular order):
1)Some Greenday (I don't know the actual lirics I discovered the other day so I did not think they were about drugs I thought it was other stuff)
2) Cars by Gary Numan
3) That Marron 5 song that was played at the Grammies
4) Opera music that slows down time (I can do more)
5) people (mainly female) with nice voices who are not off key especially if they have interesting background music.
6)Manic Monday - Bangles

Some of my fav bands are:
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Black Sabbath
Megadeth
old Anthrax
old Metallica
Savatage
Charlie Daniels
and of course Ozzy Osbourne
I have more that I really like but for some reason I can't think of any more.

Oh no...420 is bad!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ April 29 2005,7:32)]Well I like Flock of Seagull's hair.  But who doesn't?
I listen to 80s mostly but I do like (in no particular order):
1)Some Greenday (I don't know the actual lirics I discovered the other day so I did not think they were about drugs I thought it was other stuff)
2) Cars by Gary Numan
3) That Marron 5 song that was played at the Grammies
4) Opera music that slows down time (I can do more)
5) people (mainly female) with nice voices who are not off key especially if they have interesting background music.
6)Manic Monday - Bangles
I love 80's music, especially New Wave. Cars is like the epitome of that. Very fond of that song and Manic Monday & Susanna Hoffs. I have Flock Of Seagulls & Bangles greatest hits.

Dude, how old are you?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Scotty Chaos "country music" is not world music (like Enya) but country & western or "cowboy music". Songs sung by guys in cowboy hats about dead hound dogs, cheatin women and hard drinking. Blues for white people basically!
When my dad was growing up in Arkansas in the 40s/50's he and his buddies would sneak off to the "negro" gin joints and listen to their blues and jazz. His dad would always berate him for listening to that "voodoo jungle music" and not the "good christian country music".

Green Day, Chevelle, anything new.  50 Cent.  I don't like 60's music anymore, I grew up with it, even though the Who inspired me to pick up bass and drums.  Bleaaaaauuuuugh.  Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Pearl Jam.  Sleater/Kinney. Throwing Muses.  Lush. The darned. The Clash. The Jam. The Sex Pistols. Talking Heads. Matthew Sweet.  Cheap Trick (1st 2 albums). Eagerly awaiting the new NIN album.  I've heard it's very good...actually, I've heard it already and it is very good, FYI.

And then there's country music...I like the Dixie Chicks, Jim Reeves, Asleep At The Wheel, Bob Wills and His Country Playboys, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline.  Les Paul and Mary Ford. Glen Campbell.

Th Clash - love their music. It reminded me of our current state of affairs: "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". Talking Heads were great, too.

Parliament/Funkadelic
James Brown
Ohio Players
Gap Band
Other funk and disco (guilty pleasure...)
Bob Marley
Grateful Dead
The Cure
Primus
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Classic Rock

mike d with the master plan I said who are you and thank you mam.

METAL, HEAVY %&#* METAL...
Hammerfall, MOTORHEAD, MANOWAR, DIO,Gamma Ray, Goat Horn, Anvil, Omen, Grim Reaper, Primal Fear, that kind of stuff mostly floats my Battleship...

Bein a musician though I really dig a lot of stuff- early modal jazz (and some of the freak/free stuff from the early 60's) OLD blues (like what Bugweed mentioned, Lonnie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly) reggae (Burning Spear is my fave of the older stuff, or really early Wailers when they were still doing rocksteady)
And I like most classic rock, from Deep Purple(I know, sort of a heavy metal band too),Thin Lizzy and Queen (ALMOST got all of their stuff on CD WOOOO!!!) to newer stuff like Motley Crue and GnR and stuff
Everything but "urban music" and new country (oh, and Nu metal isn't worth the name, since it don't make ya nuts)

Back