What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft on the weather channel

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I was at this location Monday. I have some really nice pics to post from there. I'll try to get them up this weekend.

http://hospitality-1st.com/PressNews/CapeFear-042905.html

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wilmington, NC – April 2005 – Viewers tuning in to The Weather Channel on May 5-8, 2005 are in for a special treat when “The Road Crew” features Historic Wilmington and North Carolina’s Cape Fear Coast during four fun segments that feature attractions and activities that exist because of regional weather. The geographic location of North Carolina’s Cape Fear Coast affords unique attractions, exciting outdoor recreation, and mild temperatures. The Road Crew’s Cape Fear journey began with a phone call to the Cape Fear Coast Convention and Visitors Bureau (CFCCVB) from Michelle Birnbaum, a field producer for “The Road Crew.”

“The Weather Channel is about weather—not all of it pleasant weather. At first I wasn’t quite sure how to react when Michelle Birnbaum called to say they were interested in sending a production crew to our destination,” states Connie Nelson, the CFCCVB’s communications and public relations director. “Once she explained that ‘The Road Crew’ segments explore the lighter side of weather and that they are very upbeat and positive, we began exchanging story ideas that would make for interesting television.”

“Weather is part of everyday life and ‘The Road Crew’ travels the country giving viewers a glimpse of different areas. We focus on what makes the region special and how weather plays a role,” explains Birnbaum.

“The Road Crew” chose several stories for their Cape Fear segments, including Loggerhead sea turtles, the carnivorous Venus flytrap, and ocean surfing. During their visit April 18 and 19, the sun shone brightly with temperatures reaching into the 70s.

Picture-perfect weather set the stage for “The Road Crew” visit to Carolina Beach State Park where they filmed a segment along the park’s Venus Flytrap Trail. Kelsa Kinsly, the segment’s host, interviewed a park ranger about the rare plant that grows wild only within a 75- to 100-mile radius of Wilmington, North Carolina. From Carolina Beach, “The Road Crew” continued south to the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher where they filmed a segment on the aquarium’s Loggerhead sea turtle rescue and rehabilitation program. Aquarists talked with Kelsa about the aquarium’s rehabilitated Loggerhead turtles that they are readying for release. With turtle season just around the corner, the aquarium will soon rescue new hatchlings struggling to survive.
|
Weather Channel ''Road Crew'' Films For Upcoming Segments
The Weather Channel films the aquarium's JoAnne Harcke (left)
and host Kelsa Kinsly during production of a "Road Crew" segment
|about sea turtles. Photo courtesy of NC Aquariums.|
|
The next morning “The Road Crew” set up on Wrightsville Beach near the Shell Island break where sunny weather and surfer-friendly waves provided a postcard setting. Local surfer and surfboard builder Greg Eavey touted the joys of surfing at Cape Fear beaches. As a dozen or so surfers (ages 30-60) rode the waves in the background, Eavey explained how weather affects surf conditions and why Wrightsville Beach has been cited as one of America’s “Top Ten Surfing Spots” by Surf Magazine. Greg and host Kelsa Kinsly even set out to catch a few waves on “Eavey Riders,” his signature line of surfboards. “The Road Crew” also shot a general weather segment in scenic Historic Downtown Wilmington.

Want to tune in? “The Road Crew” Cape Fear Coast segments will air each day on May 5, 6, 7, and 8 on The Weather Channel. “Road Crew” segments air during Evening Edition on Thursday and Friday evenings, once each hour from 9:00pm-11:00pm and between midnight and 2:00am (EST). They also air during Weekend Planner on Saturday and Sunday mornings, once each hour from 7:00am-11:00am (EST). For a schedule, you may visit The Weather Channel website at www.weather.com.

Hey, do they still have Jeanetta Jones or George Elliot or Mark Mancuso or Marnie Stanier on TWC?

Will the flytraps give us any pithy quotes? Or are they just going to keep their traps shut this time?

How about Cheryl Lemke?

I have no idea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 30 2005,7:05)]Hey, do they still have Jeanetta Jones or George Elliot or Mark Mancuso or Marnie Stanier on TWC?

They still have Jones and Mancuso.
Hey, do they still have Jeanetta Jones or George Elliot or Mark Mancuso or Marnie Stanier on TWC?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 30 2005,7:05)]Hey, do they still have Jeanetta Jones or George Elliot or Mark Mancuso or Marnie Stanier on TWC?
How about Cheryl Lemke?
Yep, they still have Lemke, Mancuso, and Jones.

[b said:
How about Cheryl Lemke?
They still have Jones, Mancuso, and Lemke.

Sorry about the 1st 2 posts. I could not figure out how to delete them after I accidentally posted the wrong thing the first 2 times.
smile_h_32.gif

It's been awhile. I used to get into TWC backin '87 / '88. George Elliot had a great sense of humor. Jeanetta Jones was just plain beautiful, with those eyes.

George Elliot still has the same humor, but way less hair.

Here's Jeanetta Jones.

jj2.JPG

Back