What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this sphagnum?

moss.jpg

If it is really sphagnum-it must have grown out of the peat.

hey that's my back yard!

its some moss

From the picture it dosen't look like it, but I seem some of the smaller sections coming to a head. looks like it's just starting out. I'd say, yes, I believe it to be Sphangnum. Maybe if you could post some different angle shots

Well if it is it is the New Jersery sphagnum. That means it is wet,small, and floppy. (sorry I don't know species).

Hey Niki,
when someone posts pictures asking if its spaghnum moss the anwser is almost always no.
But........*drumrole*.............*suspense* I have to give you the usual anwser:its not spaghnum moss.
smile_n_32.gif

Dino

Niki? She didn't post in this thread, and the person is named Joseph..not Niki
smile_n_32.gif

ooooooooooooooops............I thought it was Niki but then again I wasnt looking, sorry Joseph.

about the only way you get LFS growing in pots is if you use the dried stuff in your potting mixes. i only ever get it growing in Utric, Genlisea and Nepenthes pots.

Back