What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh.

I am tired of this cooler than normal, windy weather. I can't stand it anymore.

It's the bleeding first of May and it SNOWED. And hailed, and sleeted. Then the sun came out. Now it's ugly again. I have HAD IT.

How 'bout you? Show of hands?

What's spring been like for the rest of you?

Killer.

Frosts here stopped completely at the end of March and clear skies started appearing 2 or 3 times a week, then the temperatures started going up.
Its warm here now, 18 celcious yesterday and clear skies(dont know in fahrenheit but thats warm weather)Similar weather today but a tad cooler
On some days it feels like Summer has come early

Had the exact same weather as you today April.

Well, Gawd,

I don't know where you are...but here it's supposed to start warming up next week, and in 2 months I'll be grousing about how infernally hot it is.

Who is the author of this? Ah yes... I'm lovin' it! But then again, I'm from Buffalo!    
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Jimscott...ok, you get a pass.

I know I will be decrying the heat and humidity pretty soon. That just saps my energy. Once it gets over 70, I get uncomfortable.

yes, it was snowing here too

Jimscott...

Because of a medical condition I have, I can't go outside when it gets really hot and humid...so, most of the summer, I'm stuck indoors. That's why I like Spring and Fall so much...Well, I like Spring when it ACTS like Spring, and not mid February. April

It's raining. We had tornados last night. The plants are happy

im not worried about orn native plants, some can be grown some zones farther than their natural ranges indacate. Plus, they survived the ice age- that was far worse for far longer than this breif cold spell. Some pampered and tended 'pretenders' (delecate exotics) may not have survived this winter, but the plants that grow here naturaly should be fine.

It's beautiful here and I'm in Canada! So na na na na boo boo!!! It hasn't rained here in BC for about 2 weeks now,and it feels like Summer! But like April,I also have a condition...well i'm on a medication where I can't be out in the sun much.If i'm in the sun for more than 15 minutes I get second degree burns,and that hurts!!But my plants are happy...well the ones that aren't dead are at least
smile.gif
*Niki*

it hasnt rained for months here and anything thats not forzen is wilting

It snowed for a few minutes today but mostly it hailed. Not once but 4 times on and off during the day.  One time it hailed so much my entire black asphalt driveway was white. I was still able to get out there and get about 30 plants in the ground throughout the course of the day so that is a relief.  I also collected some rain water but not much as the hail bounces down and off the roof like pebbles skipping across water. Looks as if only another week or so of bringing plants in and out and then out and in. I am tired of this.

According to a brief conversation I had with another member, Laura, you don't have to bring them in and out...

I'm with Tom on that one. He was the one you talked to who said that they were ok outside as long as it wasn't more than a light frost.  I am leaving my personal plants out. My plants are all the ones that are potted. The 3 or so plants that belong to the school as well as the plants that are set aside for the NASC auction are getting pulled in at night and getting set back out in the morning as I'm not screwing around with plants that are going to belong to somebody else. I've been pulling in that gray trough thing as well as the little gray cat litter box every morning and every night and every morning and every night. Come to think of it, I have also been moving my tall glass pitcher of U. macrorhiza in and out too. That plant is my baby and I want it to grow grow grow so I can stick it in a pond and its previous owner said it had been in a greenhouse.

Misery loves company, wanna few more plants to drag in and out?

Slightly below freezing AGAIN, tonight. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggh...

27 snowing now, sposed to warm up tommorow, I'm impressed witht he small space heater i put in the greenhouse, very warm

I loathe places where there's only winter and summer, with maybe two weeks each of spring and fall between... I live in a place like that and it sounds like a lot of other people do too.

I'm tempted to live on an island or near an ocean somewhere someday where it only feels like spring and fall just to make up for all the weather I've missed out on over the years.

Back