What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever met anyone famous?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah my dad was in an elevator with the producer of The X Files.
Chris Carter?!

I met Jeb Bush once. He was handing out unminted Florida state quarters at the Florida State Quarter ceremony at KSC. He signed my schedule card thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Famous people that I've actually had the opportunity to talk with would be Kevin James (King of Queens)

Sweet!!

Most golfers who come to the PGA. Jeff Ogle(how do you spell his last name) has got to be the nice-est.

I meet Ozzy. He is all the hype but never busted out any songs.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 03 2005,12:10)]I've met Elgecko and JBL. So they count?
Scott,
I think you are more famous here then me.
They know you as the crazy guy that come up with crazy posts.

Go take your medicine!
smile_n_32.gif

I've seen Ozzy in concert about 15 times. Awesome everytime.

Yeah, well over here, it's sorta rude to "meet" people if they're just doing their daily business. The only one that is incredibly sociable all the time is Jay Leno. He drives a different car every day, and is really nice to the people who ask him questions about his vehicles at the gas station. One of the rare people who is happy when you go up to say hi. Here's a list off the top of my head.

Jay Leno (He is the SWEETEST guy!)
Fred Savage
Wil Wheaton
George Burns
Pierce Brosnan
Tori Amos
Weird Al Yankovic
Jennifer Aniston
Crazy gals from "TLC"
Drew Carey
Kathy Kinney (she plays Mimi on Drew Carey)
David Arquette
Jane Goodall
Soleil Moon Frye - "Punky Brewser"
Debra Dunning - The second Tooltime Girl
Laurel Schaefer - Miss America 1972!
Ralph Nader
Gillian Anderson
William B. Davis
Mitch Pileggi
Robert Sutherland Telfer - Main guy from the second "Saved by the Bell"
Jodi Benson - Ariel from Little Mermaid
Katharine Hepburn
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ryan Seacrest
Shakira

Tennis People:
Andre Agassi
Michael Change
Jimmy Connors
Venus and Serena Williams (when they were really young!)
John McEnroe
Boris Becker

I've meet
Nascar driver
Tony Stewart
Ron Gagliardo at ABG
Mike Catalani
President Clinton
Hillary Clinton

I often don't recognize people I actually know when I see them in an unexpected place.  So I could be seeing a hundred famous people every day without even realizing it.  At that rate, I've seen about 950,000 of them since I graduated from high school.  I don't have any names, but does this count?

I've met:
Eoin Colfer (he wrote the Artemis Fowl series),
Garth Nix (another good author)
Peter D'Amato
and that's really it.
Oh, and i skiied with that famous guy with a 2' tall mowhawk.

Ive never met anyone famous and dont really care to since they are just people like me and Im obnoxious
smile_m_32.gif

Im not sure if it counts but I used to live down the street from Charles Campbell the last person to ever be hung in the state of Washington.
And once I was picked up hitch-hiking and harrassed/stalked by the green river killer, Gary Ridgway. Im sure you can all imagine how much joy that put into my little teenage heart.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! You got picked up by Gary Ridgeway?? What did he say? What did he do? Tell! hehe

I used looove Boris Becker.
smile.gif
And Katherine Hepburn...wow. She was my all time favorite actress.

yep back in "87 or 88" the guy was a freak and a jerk! he picked me up and was pretty nice at first so I gave him my number and had him drop me off at the cemetary behind my moms house. kinda ironic now that I think of it, but I had every one drop me off and pick me up there since I was a teenager and didnt want the parents flippin out with strangers droppin me off and didnt want just anyone knowing where I lived. He called later and picked me up at the cemetary and we went pretty far south waay past seattle and parked in the woods. I know it sounds freaky but since I was underage I did alot of drinking parked in the woods so I didnt think much of it. But he started being a major jerk I cant say everything that happened but there was an arguement about prostitution. He wanted me to meet one of his friends at a store and told me he would pick me the next day or somethin I cant remember exactly heck it was like 20 years ago. I agreed just to get outta the darned truck and took off. I had no clue where I was so after I waited awhile I once again started hitch hiking and made it to the freeway and then got a ride home.
After that I (and every female who answered the phone) got alot of threatening calls. After a couple of months he was really getting to be a pain and the threats went from bodily harm to death threats not just mine but the whole family. My parents were not so happy with me to say the least and they finally just changed the number when they realized he wasnt givin up.
I almost soiled myself when I seen him on the news, he hadnt changed much only lost a bit of hair and a couple of grays and wrinkles. I never told my mom and she still doesnt know I figured out who it was. Ill tell ya though I was real happy to see him get convicted! what a JERK! I bet hes got all the celebrity jerks rooled up in one beat!

Are the Gracie's *Royce Gracie* famous from the UFC's? I trained with them out in L.A. for a week.

One night me and one of my buddies were out at a local bar for the night and we were hustling at pool like we always did.  We were still kings of the table and this great big black guy that looked like he could squish me with his thumb quietly asked if me and my buddy wanted to have a game of pool with Wierd Al Yankovic and one of his buddies.  We thought he was full of $hit, at least until Wierd Al walked over to us and shook our hands.  So we played against him and we beat him good.  Let me tell you, he is a really bad pool player.  He thought it was cool that we did not "let" him win and gave us each a ticket to his show the following night.  We ended up giving our tickets to some friends because we were heading out to the lake but that was really cool none the less.  So that is my one and only experience that I can share.

I met Lorenzo Lamas from the show "Renegade". I also met his wife who played Cheyenne in that show. Real nice people. I got my picture taken with him standing by his harley. The black hummer was there too. I also met Clint Eastwood when he was filming Heartbreak Ridge. All I can say is, hes a jerk. I met the band White Snake in a rest area just north of Oceanside, Ca. I don't know what's up with these people but they were total jerks too.
I also met this guy once, it was a long time ago...it was at the same rest area as above, I was helping someone fix their car and I had to go to the restroom. I got this wierd feeling that I was being watched. Big time. It seemed that everywhere I looked there was these "men in black" looking dudes. I was beginning to get real paranoid by then but I thought it was all in my mind. So I was getting ready to leave when they swooped on me. Turns out they were watching me. All these FBI agents were interrogating me, wanting to know who I am and how I knew this guy. I told them that I just met him and was helping him fix his car, etc..... turns out the guy I was helping was one of america's top 10 most wanted
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Boy...this is more like "brush with the criminally insane."

while I was in prison I saw Mary Kay Latourno she seemed to think she was famous and fell right into the category of a female jerk.

Well, I guess if jerks could fly in this world it would be an airport.

i met gary colmen..he's pritty small and i met one of the best actors EVER (drum roll) denzel washington

i also met a rapper named cuban link but he only came out with one song, one hit wonders dont count i guess..

o yeah i also met bush..ha, yeah right, i wouldent wanna meet that man

Back