What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My edible garden

I now have my garden planted. here is whats in it -

6 Cherry Tomatos
6 Bell Peppers (each different type)
1 Strawberry (its mate passed away)
1 Zucchini
1 Snowy Eggplant
1 Spearmint
1 Feverfew
1 Grape
4 Onions
1 Passionflower
1 Rosemary
1 Thyme
1 Horehound
1 White Yarrow
2 Rose (one mini)
1 European Pennyroyal
1 Green Bean
1 Cauliflower
1 Rue
1 Lemongrass
1 Lemon Balm
1 Lavender

Hopefully i will be getting more soon.

Hi Yuri_Wildcat and welcome to the forums! Many of us also have gardens, in addition to our CP's.

The strawberry entry has me confused, though. Its mate passed away? Somehow I think that what you are talking about is different than what I am thinking. I raise strawberries - or at least used to. Could you clarify?

lol. i had two of them sitting right next to each other,and they were pollenating each other, therefore are mates ^-^ but one died.

So does that mean you have regular, normal, typical, run-of-the-mill strawberry plants?

Commenting about your choice of spices, if you had parsley & sage to go with rosemay and thyme, you would have a Simon & Garfunkel song.
smile_m_32.gif
Don't tell me you've never heard of Simon & Garfunkel!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yuri, be careful....the yarrow will be wanting to take over the world. Keep an eye on it! Aprilh

As my backyard is concrete, i have all my plants in large pots ^-^ No worries of spreading!

Very smart, Yuri! Oh the tales I could tell about yarrow...and obedient plant. Friends don't let friends plant obedient plant. Aprilh

cool! I've always wanted to have an edible garden. Know what I have? a potato plant (making potatoes! YAY!) and parsley. lol
edit: OH! and a pepper plant

thats cool ^-^ ive always wanted to plant bigger things, like corn or watermelon, etc, but i cant afford pots that big right now.

Wow,you're garden sounds neat!
smile.gif
I've always wanted to grow carrots and Italian parsley and lettuce
smile_n_32.gif
Have fun with your plants
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*(Trapper7)

Nice garden there Yuri but you just have to add dill, chives and hot peppers...sooo many uses for them in the kitchen.

And money trees!

Man, I sure like your way of Gardening Yuri, I had to till 2 acres for the family garden yesterday... I am a tad bit sore (on the hind end... that tractor aint to comfy.)

We planted about 20 different varieties of tomato yesterday, Jalapenios, Serranos, Habenaros, Chocolate Bell Peppers, Chinese Giants, and a few other peppers.

We set seed for DIVA cucumbers, started the first round of beans, (3 or 4 varieties), planted artichokes, Atlantic Giant Pumpkins, Sweet Pie Pumpkins, Jack - O - Lantern Pumpkins, spaghettie squash, Acorn Squash, Zuchini, Straight and Crook Neck squashes, Weeks Giant Watermelons, Moons and Stars Watermelons, Cantelope, Honeydews, and a few other melons I can't remember.

We planted 3 bananna trees by the house, allready have lemon trees, 3 different apple trees, 4 peach trees, 2 Pear Trees, 5 plum trees, and about 20 grape vines.

My mom's herb garden has been going for about 2 weeks now, with just about every herb you can grow in south texas...

It is FAR to much work... but I sure enjoy eating it all. Good luck with your garden! With the exception of lettuce and other cold weather crops that bolt to fast here, this garden will keep my entire family (about 24 people) fed all summer, with preserves through the winter and spring as well.

Corn goes in next week... another acre to till. sigh.

Back