What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new computer...

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello, I'm not sure how many computer freaks are here... But I figured I'd share my newest project. A whole new tower and insides... I wanted/needed to get it done now cause as you probably know... My wife is pregnant. Anywho.
I'm running Windows XP home on
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 gigs pc333 DDR ram
160 gig Wesern Digital SATA HDD
DFI mother board
Geforce 6800 256 ddr PCI-Expressx16 Vid card
MGE Vortech 500W cool looking power supply
LG DVD/CD-rom drive
Pioneer DVD/CD writer
Sky Hawk tower case (cool looking!)
UV lighting (X2)
And a few quick pictures...
caselight.jpg

casedarkjpg.jpg

Home you enjoyed looking.
smile.gif

Andrew

But is it FAST?

Yup very shiny!

Ram, can't you translate? LOL yeah... it's fast. Much faster than any I've ever used... I'm very excited to try out some 64 bit programs...

That's pretty hot - just wait for Longhorn
laugh.gif
- that could be a while...
Good luck with it!

~ Brett

wow!
sweet..
2 gig of RAM?!
wow, I never even heard of 2 gig of RAM before!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

very nice..

I have a lousy 256 meg..
I need to upgrade to 1 gig.

Scot

Hi Andrew
Sweet looking set up i to am running the amd 64 3.2 nice cpu runs a dream.I dont like gforce cards as i prefer ati ,s .good to see a 500 power unit as gforce cards can suck some juice for sure.Id ditch the windows home and swap for the pro version more funtional i find, 2 gig of ram is nice as you can never have to much ram,im running 3 but a few of my online gaming freinds are running 4+.have you got 512 sticks or gig sticks?i see its 333 i would of thought it would be 400 or slightly higher? hard drives cool amazing how you can fill it up though.Now the case is nice i like that just need blue tooth mouse +keyboard to match and then you are the daddy.

Hi all thanks for the replys
smile.gif

FlipSide, thanks for voicing your openion. Don't be a hater of the game.
smile_m_32.gif
Have a nice day!
smile_l_32.gif

Scottychaos- The mother board is compatable with 4 gigs. I'm sure i'll get there eventually. LOL

chesara I've looked into the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition But havn't decided if i want to try it yet. I have a device that shows how much power anything you plug into is using so you can see how much it costs to run and i'm not even close to the 500 w limit yet. so, so far i'm jsut fine there. I've always liked gforce for some reason... Currently i'm running 4 x 512 sticks. I did but 2 400 speed sticks but it wouldn't allow my system to run for some reason. I linked it to the amd 64 processor but that was just a guess. Once i tossed in the 2 x 333 sticks it worked great. so i tossed the 2 x 400 in with them and since they all run at the slower speed it works fine. this mobo allows me to run in dual channel mode, maybe it is related to that... all i know is it didn't like the 400... I do have a nice RF wireless keyboard/mouse (optical) I like them very much
smile_n_32.gif
Actually i have this one. So, am I the daddy? LOL I've been recomended to get a flat screen monitor, but they are just now compatable with my 3d stereo glasses... So, I'll keep the monitor i have for a while. (It's a monster BTW) it is This one.
Thanks again.
Andrew

Back