What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative ways to donate to NASC auction

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Everybody

I thought I'd toss out some ideas on ways to participate in donating to NASC if you don't have any material yourself.

There are some people here, LauraZ5 for instance, who has contacted nurseries and arranged to pay for a plant for the auction. The plant will be shipped from the nursery. This is a good way to assure a healthy, well-shipped plant. This is a wonderful way to donate plants even when you don't have them! There are also gift certificates/gift cards to nurseries and places like Lowes.

Also, if any of you are buds with folks who have nurseries/ greenhouses or are members of various CP organizations but who are too busy to get here to post...you could contact them and ask if they will donate a plant or two that you will list for them. I know I hear some names tossed around here by people who know some top growers. Not being a forum member should not be a hold-back to donating. So...get out there and hunt down some pledges for the auction. Get on your knees and beg! Call in your chips! Its for a good cause.

Don't forget to check the Growlist forum and look for Wish Lists. Its a good way to find plants people would be interested in.

And...I know its hard for non-North Americans to participate since sending plants abroad is difficult. But perhaps if you are a non-North American, you could make an offering that would be for "locals" in your area. In other words...someone in England could list a plant that would be restricted to shipping in that area (just like we have to restrict US shipping). There is no reason that people in other countries can't donate to help out if you have the willingness. It would be greatly appreciated.

NASC is an organization that will benefit all CP lovers around the world. Look at Mike King...he has a fantastic National collection and he's in the UK. We ALL care about preserving these plants for the future. This is not just a U.S. concern.

So get creative...contact nurseries for donations...bug your well-CP'ed friends...make offerings from Canada, Singapore and the UK for your local friends. (Just make sure the money can be transferred to the US...Phil is accepting PayPal).

Thank you!

PAKtioneer

K Ill think on it

Just a leeeetle bump.  Are you sick of me yet??  Only 12 more days to go!

Muuuuuuhahahahahahahaha!!  
cool.gif

We are just a hair away from hitting the third page in the auction. C'mon guys! Third page by later tonite!

Well, we've just crept over to the 3rd page. I'm rather suprised to see there are no seed offerings. ?? All you folks out there with packets of seeds laying around...how about a donation? Last year we had quite a few seed offerings and this year, so far, not a one. And not one Utric donation.
confused.gif

Making a donation is easy. All that is required of you is that you ship the plant/item once Phil tells you its paid for. That's pretty much it. So not a lot of effort to this.

Even the common stuff is fine to offer. There might be newbies out here that would love spatulata or capensis seed for a couple of bucks. And if something doesn't sell, its no biggie. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Its better to have tried and "lost", than never to have tried at all.

Check your seed boxes and see what ya got!
smile.gif

Back