What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't come too close!...

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
...I've got Strep Throat
smile_h_32.gif
Yesterday I had to go to a clinic cause our friends' son got bit by a ferret at a pet store.While he was in the room with the doc,I waited in the waiting room,and across from me was a girl who had Strep Throat.I knew she had it cause her mom went up to the secratery and said that she's back cause her daughter has Strep Throat and the meds aren't working.Anywho,this girl kept coughing all over me.I went outside so I could get away from her,but I guess I was too late.About three hours later I had a sore throat.Then all night I couldn't sleep cause it hurt so bad.I've never had my throat hurt this bad before,but I have had Strep Throat before.So I went to a clinic(different one,lol)today and I got some meds.But I feel so gross! I have no energy at all,and I have to work all next week.I slept most of today and I drank lots of tea,but I'm still in quite a bit of pain,and I have chills and my whole body is sore.That's why I hate going to clinics or waiting in the emergency for like 10 hours cause there's always a chance you can catch something.Apparently Strep Throat is really going around right now.Anywho,I hope the rest of you are all good
smile.gif
See ya! *Niki*

Feel better soon.:(

Thanks JBL.What?No kisses this time?
smile_m_32.gif
Hehe that's ok,I'm very contagious
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

I'm sorry, I really hope you feel better soon.
smile_h_32.gif

smile_h_32.gif
I feel your pain! Just getting over strep for the second time in a month myself!

Thanks Ozzy.Xavienna,oh my goodness that's terribly.Twice in a month?Poor you
smile_h_32.gif
Hope you're better now
smile.gif
*Niki*

I hope you feel better. Do you have health insurance? I hate going to the Dr. and there are people there who cough and sneeze all over everyone.
A while back I was at work and there is this new guy who just started a day earlier. He was at work sneezing and coughing, next thing you know, I am sick with the flu.
mad.gif
I caught it cause I couldn't get a flu shot
mad.gif

I REALLY wish people would STAY HOME when they get sick instead of going to work and getting everyone else sick. I try real hard to keep myself healthy so I don't get sick. We get 4 sick days per year where I work, and I used them up already. I cannot afford to get sick anymore.

Sorry to hear the crud gotcha Niki
smile_h_32.gif
. Hope the meds work and your feeling better soon.

I'm sory to hear that you are sick!
smile_h_32.gif
I'll just have to send some chicken soup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ May 08 2005,9:24)]We get 4 sick days per year where I work, and I used them up already. I cannot afford to get sick anymore.
that right there is why ppl dont stay home from work when they are sick, but still feel well enough that they can attempt to make it through the day. when your feeding a family and have bills to pay can ppl really afford to take an unpaid day off of work when they are pretty sure they can drag through a day there coughing and hacking? 4 days of sick leave a year huh? i think your main gripe lies with your company not making it so they can afford to stay home.

So? Iv had worse. Ahem, iv had reocurring STREP BUTT, srep of the rectum. I have no idea how i got it but atleast it hasnt re-emerged in the past year or so. Apparently im a carrier. Strep throat is nothing conpared to that

See th prinicpal is if you feel bad why should no one else suffer. Okay so it's not good but it works.
I have not had strep since I had my tonsels and anoids(sp? and I think these are the lymphnodal system thing in your throut) removed.

Finch,I'm sorry you had that thing with your butt
smile_h_32.gif
Strep Throat may seem like nothing,but for me it's no fun
smile_h_32.gif
Hope you don't get that butt thing again.~Niki~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 09 2005,12:15)]So? Iv had worse. Ahem, iv had reocurring STREP BUTT, srep of the rectum. I have no idea how i got it but atleast it hasnt re-emerged in the past year or so. Apparently im a carrier. Strep throat is nothing conpared to that
Niki? You there? Now you know why I wasn't offering kisses to make it better. All kidding aside, strep infections are very painful, no matter where they occur. That being said, Finch buddy, you made me wince and perhaps even shed a tear. Yeeeowww!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Awww.. I feel for ya, Niki. I had strep when I was little.. but the illness we all got when we went to Leeds, Massachusetts and stayed at my third-cousin Margie's house was wayyyyy worse for me when it came to sore throat. I have no idea what it was that we got... I was one of the last to get it (I guess I have a strong immune system or somethin'). Imagine the worst flu you've ever had and multiply it tenfold. It lasted over a week, I think.. I slept alot, but only at the sacrifice of any sore throat relief, since the EXCRUCIATING soreness in my throat only got worse if I didn't swallow every few seconds, and naturally, you don't do that when you're sleeping, so I woke up hours later wanting to die. I had intense fevers alot and could barely eat at all.. one time I went two days without eating anything, and finally got desperate and went to the fridge. When I opened it, that weird smell that fridges have almost made me hurl. I ate HALF A GRAPE. I couldn't keep it down for two seconds. Ran to the bathroom and hurled up everything I swear I never ingested. And that was the worst illness I've ever experienced, along with the worst sore throat.

You just gotta tough it out.

OMG FlyTrapGurl,that sounds horrible!! My throat doesn't hurt that much anymore,but I have completely lost my voice so I haven't been able to talk for the past 3 days.So working with the dogs at work is pretty hard when I can't even talk to them.I just whistle at them now,lol.~Niki~

A year or two ago I had laryngitis.. my voice started acting funny for a couple days, then I totally lost it for a couple days, then the next day, my voice would work if I tried really hard to yell, then it came back. Man, it's one of the most frustrating things on this planet trying to argue with someone when you have no voice. Have you ever tried yelling in a whisper? It's verrrrrrry angering.

I can't whistle.

Gosh, for a second...I thought..Strep Butt. How odd. Then I remembered that Strep infections can occur on any part of the body. Jeebus, I hope you never have another one...! Strep throat hurts so bad...I can't imagine how bad it would hurt anywhere else!

Flytrapgurl, next time you have laryngitis, can you please come cough on my wife?

And finch, stay far away from me with your butt strep.

confused.gif

LMAO,Ozzy,you be nice to your wife now!
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

Back