What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]have you seen what it can do? it could be called lame-box for all i care.

Have you kept up on information on the other consols coming out?
smile_m_32.gif
By the way, I like that... "lame-box"...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nah, the name just ties into the fact that it'll cost 360 dollars

I can pretty much guarentee that it's the other way around- i.e. the name came, then they decided making it cost 360 dollars would be a cute advertisment ploy. Sorry, it's late and I'm nitpicky, lol.

Oh well, we'll see how things look at E3, it'll be interesting to see all the new stuff- from what little I've seen on the Revolution it looks... Well... Revolutionary.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They really have the market right now.. i'm not too sure about the PS3

Is the X-Box more popular in America? In Europe the PS2 is doing best and I expect the PS3 to carry on dominating.

PS2 is more popular in america. But i was refering to Xbox 360.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 14 2005,2:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]have you seen what it can do? it could be called lame-box for all i care.

Have you kept up on information on the other consols coming out?
smile_m_32.gif
By the way, I like that... "lame-box"...
i have but none of it's official (except for the xbox 360 specs). But if you go by what's floting around about the PS3, the xbox 360 has it beat.

well E3 will be on next week, sony and nintendo will show their new gaming machines there...so wait till next week to get al the info on these bad boys..

Im sure PS3 will do better then that

Current E3 poll:

Which E3 lineup are you most excited about?

Nintendo
23%

Sony
32%

Microsoft
36%

PC
6%

View Poll
--------------------------------------------------
"The Xbox is powered by a 733-megahertz central processor. The central processing unit in Xbox 360 has three 3.2-gigahertz processors. Each processor is four times faster than the original Xbox.

Together these chips deliver 1 trillion calculations per second, which puts it in the same teraflop category as the supercomputers of just a few years back. This massive amount of data crunching generates so much heat that the Xbox has a water cooling system like an automobile's radiator.
"

http://www.techspot.com/story17606.html

...and? PS3 will still be more popular

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 15 2005,4:55)]...and? PS3 will still be more popular
sure it will.  
smile.gif
good job interpreting the poll  
smile_n_32.gif

i don't want this thread to turn into an argument like other console threads have. we all differ, which is fine, but try not to turn this into something personal, it's just a console.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ May 15 2005,3:53)]......it's just a console.
Sounds too much like "It's just a game!". Them there's fightin' words!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_s_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ May 15 2005,8:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ May 15 2005,3:53)]......it's just a console.
Sounds too much like "It's just a game!". Them there's fightin' words!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_s_32.gif
what have i said... I REPENT!

as long as you don't say it's just a theory i'm fine
smile_n_32.gif

I am salivating... I can't wait to see what Halo 3 will look like on the system.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am salivating... I can't wait to see what Halo 3 will look like on the system.
smile.gif
The release date couldn't get here fast enough if it where tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"The latest graphic cards from nVIDIA and ATI, such as the GeForce 6800 and the X800 series, use 256-bit interfaces to reach peak memory bandwidths above 30 GB/sec. Other methods to increase this resource are bandwidth saving techniques, such as data compression.

What if you could use find a way to eliminate current graphic architectures' bottlenecks? Well, ATI has found a way to do so.

They have developed a solution that allows them to break the bandwidth constraint of 30GB/sec found in today’s graphic cards and achieve a stunning 256GB/sec bandwidth. Although the use of embedded DRAM for graphics is not something new, with a failed attempt by BitBoys and a successful implementation in the Nintendo GameCube, this is the first time that someone has used such a large amount of embedded DRAM in this innovative way.

The Xbox 360 graphics subsystem includes 10 MB of embedded DRAM GPU to use it as a frame buffer. By using this embedded RAM, which is similar to a processor's cache memory, the Xbox 360 will be able to run games at 720p (1280x720) and 1080i (1920x1080) HDTV resolutions with full screen anti-aliasing and almost no impact on framerate.

The Xbox 360 uses GDDR3 memory, which requires less power and runs cooler than previous memory types, running at 700 MHz with a memory interface bus that has a bandwidth of 22.4 GB/s. This memory is equally accessible to both the VPU and CPU, conforming what is known as unified memory architecture (UMA) configuration.

The polygon performance of the Xbox 360 is as high as 500 million triangles per second, which means the Xbox 360 can process aproximately 1.2 billion vertices per second. In comparison, the GeForce 6800 Ultra can process 600 million vertices per second. Want more numbers? The Xbox 360 has a pixel fillrate of 16 gigasamples per second using 4X multisampling anti-aliasing (MSAA) and a shader performance of 48 billion shader operations per second.

Finally, the overall system performance is equal to 1 teraflop; that is a trillion calculations per second."

oh... now i have wet myself... Unreal Tournament 2007

unreal-tournament-2007-20050512030604509.jpg

unreal-tournament-2007-20050512030600947.jpg

now that i think about it, it's hard to belive that it's 299 bucks. a computer with 3 cores and the equivalent hardware would cost a fortune. i can see myself modding it already.

I can't wait till Xbox 360 is out, it's the best of the three in my opinion
biggrin.gif

RamPuppy- wow, those pics are just mindboggleing. Mustget... mustget....

Starman- eh, critics. Your intitled to your opinions, but instead of just being stubborn, lets see you post some facts like AE did and defend your thought
smile_n_32.gif
. A little help from me; rumors have it that it will be the most advanced of the three systems, but who says the best...

Zongyi

Back