What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Spec Sheet

wow is all i can say. i saw the games in the mtv special and they look unimaginably real. its something you have to see to belive.

*yawn* yeah..................wow *falls asleep*

They could have thought of a better name than 360
smile_l_32.gif
, and the other hand, probably will be a good system that will cost $600 :p, and I prefer playstation 3 or the nintendo revolution.

it's going to cost 299 dollars for the console, one controller, and all the cables. for the upgrade with xbox live, camera, hard drive will cost 360 dollars. (wonder where they came up with that number)

rumor has it that ps3 won't be backward compatible (able to play ps1 and ps2 games) it would suck if it wasn't.

Even if it wasn't, wouldn't matter in my opinion, because (1) most people already have either a ps1 or ps2 or both and (2) If people were to buy a new game system, they will expect it to play new games, not be backwards compatible, If I want ps1 games, I will just buy a playstation, they are like 10 bucks now literally
smile_n_32.gif

PiranhaPlant ,

This may be true for you....However I am not at liberty to overrun the living room with game consols....Otherwise I'd have a ps2, xbox and gamecube. For those of us where space is an issue, we'd like things to be backwards compatable.

I can dismiss those rumors as official reports say that PS3 IS backwards compatible

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 13 2005,6:10)]I can dismiss those rumors as official reports say that PS3 IS backwards compatible
There aren't any official reports right now as to anything about the PS3. No official press release has been made declaring anything specific about it. Anything you hear right now is rumor, we'll just have to wait till next year.

The actual producers said this....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 13 2005,6:32)]The actual producers said this....
Could i see a link? I'd like to see that. Anything said by any official is a maybe also.. until something official comes out stating the console specifications. You could argue really argue whichever side at this point without any definate answer.

They are so selling that at a massive loss. They have gone overboard is an attempt to take market share from Sony.

I suspect they'll make slight inroads but PS3 will still do better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ May 13 2005,6:50)]They are so selling that at a massive loss. They have gone overboard is an attempt to take market share from Sony.

I suspect they'll make slight inroads but PS3 will still do better.
They really have the market right now.. i'm not too sure about the PS3. They're even feeling the heat from all the hype. They where reported saying that they might even release it this year, but that obviously can't happen because it isn't done. Some people are fearing that if it doesn't come out this year, it may be doomed

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They could have thought of a better name than 360
smile_l_32.gif
, and the other hand, probably will be a good system that will cost $600 :p, and I prefer playstation 3 or the nintendo revolution.

They decided to make the system be something starting with a 3- making it have the number "2" in it while the playstation has the number "3" in it makes it sound like the older system of the two. They actually did a survey on this and that's what I'm basing this on (I can ask me brother where he read it is someone is really that curious.) Still, I agree with you, the name is silly.

the name also works as a marketing ploy. they're selling the console with the hard drive and other upgrades for 360 dollars.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the name also works as a marketing ploy. they're selling the console with the hard drive and other upgrades for 360 dollars.

Normally marketing ploys are to make money, I'm not sure how this one will pan out.
smile_n_32.gif
I didn't plan on buying one anyway, but I know I'll be making fun of my friends for having a system with such a lame name.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 13 2005,10:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the name also works as a marketing ploy. they're selling the console with the hard drive and other upgrades for 360 dollars.

Normally marketing ploys are to make money, I'm not sure how this one will pan out.
smile_n_32.gif
I didn't plan on buying one anyway, but I know I'll be making fun of my friends for having a system with such a lame name.
smile.gif
have you seen what it can do? it could be called lame-box for all i care.

I thought it was called 360, because it will be a spherical game console or something, but calling it 360, because of the hard drive and upgrades , kinda weird
confused.gif

nah, the name just ties into the fact that it'll cost 360 dollars

Back