What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it my imagination or does it seem as though

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
It's soooooooooo hard to garden when you don't want to bust up your french manicure............

alright... can't let jimscott have all the fun.... would now be a bad time to mention that the only reason I ever broke the record of my ex-husband having worn a dress more recently than I did was because we got married and my mother refused to let me wear jeans?

Say What? Okay, that was a bit strange. He isn't Scottish, is he?

Nope, not Scottish (though I am so really wouldn't consider a kilt a dress) just... hmmmm... not sure of the word... adventurous? unique? unconventional?.... help me out here..... lol

None of those really fit either since the clubs he was going to at the time it was more common to see the men in the black velvet minis than the women so....

Um, I can think of a few other adjectives, but perhaps not here.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

confused.gif

I hope I missed something, I just read this page but somethin idn't right. I do know a guy who "just enjoys womens wear" he prefers a housecoat and sundress. he doesn't shave when he wears a dress either.
biggrin.gif

Kilts are not dresses, man.......... though I wouldn't wear either and I am ScotchIrish

Hmm kilts...fun or disgusting. I think it would be funny to wear one but unnearving at the same time

you must be pretty darn brave to be a man and wear a skirt/kilt/dress in this society.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he doesn't shave when he wears a dress either.
how do you know? ROFLMAO!!

Luis, I think he meant LEGS...

VFT_lover123, I don't make fun of girlie-girls. I'm not prejudiced against them, nor do I pressure anyone to be like me. I only give girlie-girls BS when they give girls like me BS, and they do sometimes. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. The Bible says it!

I love that phrase, but I have to write an essay for this contest, and the topic is, "An eye for an eye only makes the world go blind." Not really my thing, but the prize is $500!

Actually, the phrase truly meant and still means: the punishment should fit the crime and the reason it was written is because people went overboard with retribution. They went beyond what was appropriate and the Bible was saying: stop, you're going too far. Unfirtunately, the meaning and intention has been lost for most. It was intended to be fair and prevent abuse.

I just meant that I don't screw with girlie-girls unless they screw with me, and some do.

I messed with the girly-girls all the time in high school...I considered it a deserved pre-emptive strike. Plus, they're generally not too bright. It was them, or me. The girlies were mostly focused on the latest clothing, gossip, music and make-up, as opposed to real life. SO very easy to humiliate totally.

Jim, Physotegia virginicia=Obedient Plant.
Votre usage de la langue française est très pauvre. April ne parle pas français. Trop mauvais.

yay! i understood.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Votre usage de la langue française est très pauvre. April ne parle pas français. Trop mauvais.
Your usage of the french language is very poor. April can't speak french. too bad.

Luis, you beat me to it!

Of course ALL of us speak French. Don't we ALL say, "Pardon my French"?

It's a lot better than my Spanish, which mainly comes from watching Speedy Gonzales - Andele, ariba, Senor Duck, Senor mouse....

I am just a bit clueless about the reference to obediant plant.

poor Jim. Well you could join my grandfather in Speaking foreign languages. He thinks he can speak every language but cannot. He actually got kicked out of some country (I can;t remmeber which one though) because he said something rather um...well lets just say the customs agents did not like it.

Well, I'm a bit late with this one, but it's been pretty interesting thus far. LOL

It'd be interesting to get kicked out of a country before you actually ever get into it! I hope that NEVER happens to me. I'll stick to the things I know that I know.

Now for tomboys, I don't know many tomboys, sadly. All the girls I know, are about as girly as they get. Though a few of them are never afraid to try new things with us guys, which makes them all the cooler in my book. And now that I think about it, all the girls that I know can be just a girly as they can get but they can also "get down and dirty". So yea, I just typed all that just to say that there are tomboys, in-betweeners, and straight up GIRLS.....

With the amount of books I've had to use for school over the past couple grades, if I were in public school at that time, I would HAVE to carry just the books I needed for HOMEWORK in the front.. too frickin' many books to carry on the side (not because of the weight, because of the size). It's not like it used to be.. students do almost all the work at home now.

I save bashing someone for when I need it. I gather things I don't like about someone over time, and then when they start screwing with me, I can come back at them and rip apart all the stuff about them that irritates me -_^ So I don't generally be cruel to a girlie-girl unless they screw with me for any reason at all, and then I can totally unload with a formidable stock of saved-up peeves.

No matter how you are, you just gotta be on my good side. If we start out as friends, then I'm not gonna give you BS, because you're my friend. If you're my enemy, you're in for it.

jimscotscoot, I only know a small amount of Spanish from watching Latino people do stand-up on Comedy Central.

Ah yes, another reference to George Lopez!

Back