What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody drink coffee?

Black coffee for me, please! Love the French and other dark roasts, the higher quality the better. I even like Starbucks coffee, though I won't go there unless it's the only thing around because they are rapacious businesspeople and I don't like being paraded past merchandise in order to get a cup of coffee whose size isn't small, medium or large (I will NOT say "venti" as a size, and it drives them nuts when you order a "large"
smile.gif
)

Also, I come from the land of a coffee place on every street corner!

Capslock

Yeah, that reminds me. Last night on the news they were talking about a new product from Wolfgang Puck. Funky can heats up the coffee inside in 6 minutes. The newscaster took it out onto the streets and everyone said it was the perfect hot temperature and that the coffee tasted surprisingly good.

I'll have mine black with sugar and strong as you can get it (interpret MOTOR DEGREASER). hold on need to go get some now.......ARGH
mad.gif
I don't understand these guy in the control room! they make $120,000 a year, but buy FOLGERS! I have to double the recomended amount just for it to taste right. And you'd think none of them could make coffee. They will leave 2oz. of coffee in the pottom of the pot so they wont have to make it. I went in there a second ago, and the filter was filled(I add more) the water jug was filled, they just have problems putting it together (end rant). The bolder the coffee the better for me, if you can read a newspaper through it, ya shoulda drank tea. Occasionaly I'll stop at Starbucks then it's the carmel mocha latte, Other wise at the house I drink either B&D's butter pecan, or burbon pecan.

Jim you should try B&d's Ameretto royal mmmmmm!

Justin, all ya have to say is 'amaretto' - and I'm there!

Caramel Mocha? Butter Pecan?? Amaretto???

When did we start talking about ice cream instead of coffee?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 24 2005,10:49)]Caramel Mocha? Butter Pecan??  Amaretto???

When did we start talking about ice cream instead of coffee?
AMEN!!!

OH Greif?

When I was stationed in Bosnia the chow hall had a particular method for mass producing coffee. I don't know what kind theY used, as it came in a plain silver can marked :coffee, caffinated 1 each. They would boil water in a 10gal. pot pour 2 cans in the pot (it would float) then pour 6 24oz. bottles of cold water on top of the coffee. The grounds would settle at the bottom. They would the scoop out coffee into another container till they hit grounds at the bottom. Thats coffee! especially when you're coffee consists of more grounds than liquid.

I wake up with enough time to shower, and fly out the door. Most times I manage to get out fully dressed. Except for the weekend I don't usually drink coffee at home, so when I do I want something different than coffee strong enough to tase the glucose from the plant the bean was picked from. Ice Cream INDEED
smile_n_32.gif

I used to date a girl who could not stand the smell of coffee so reading the Sunday paper and enjoying my morning Costa Rican Volio expresso was curtailed...briefly.  As attractive as the redhead is, I stopped dating her.  I have my priorties.  I mean, a mans gotta' do what a mans gotta' do.  We have to stand up for what we believe.  Right?

Actually, strong tea is not all that bad.  
cool.gif

You know, you are the few adults (Bug you don't count LOL) that either drink it right (black) or WRONG WRONG WRONG (milk with a hint of coffee) None of you are really in between... anyway....

I drink it straight up black, don't really care what kind it is just so long as it is strong (just not to the point to where you can stand a spoon up in it) and not weak. My sister makes horrible coffee, it's sooooo weak, not wonder she always complains about how bad the coffee tastes.
confused.gif

Not a coffee drinker, but a hot cup of Stephen's Hot Cocoa is great on a cold day. I especially like the mint and dulce de leche flavors.

Not sure how anyone's stomach can handle that concentrated toxin sold in Miami in those little paper cups... no offense to any Cubans and/or Miamians.
smile_m_32.gif

COFFEE IS THE LIFEBLOOD OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For regular purposes, I like mine black. Sugar & cream are a descration of the Glorious Liquid of Life!
smile_n_32.gif
However, I will occasionally, if I need to stay awake or just feel like being very hyper, get a double espresso turtle mocha...

An endless source of amusement for me is that of stating my dislike of Starbucks in the presence of certain Starbucks-loving friends of mine. It's so funny to watch them sputter in indignance about their coffee.
biggrin.gif

Turtle coffee??? Have you tried lamb intestines - they seem popular in oatmeal, so why not in coffee?

Because then you have soup
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 26 2005,7:19)]Turtle coffee??? Have you tried lamb intestines - they seem popular in oatmeal, so why not in coffee?
Yes, turtle. As in chocolate, caramel & pecans. Not the reptile....

Turtle cheesecake! Yummmm!!!

Anything with caramel!

Back