What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing pad

• Thread starter Andenes
  • Start date
Hey guys! As some of you might know, I love drawing. I recently got a drawing program for my pc but it would be alot easier if I could draw on a digital drawing pad. I've heard of these things but I haven't been able to find any in stores. Where can I find any on the web?

Sincerely,
erick

Have you look for them with google or yahoo?

PCMall's graphics tablets might be a place to start. Can't think of too many other places that are good to buy accessories from off the top of my head nationally... I usually buy my stuff from the Apple store online or a specialty store in Portland, Oregon 'cuz I use a Mac and they give me student discounts.
Good luck - tablets are fun. Make sure to test it first though; I got stuck with a real piece of junk when I went bargain hunting for a tablet at CompUSA.
~Joe

I asked the animation profs about this 'cause I sit in their department. They said the best reputable places are to buy them directly from the Wacom site, and Apple store, or a university store. Like Joe mentioned, the profs said that students have been burned sometimes when they go bargain hunting.

Yeah, definitely go with Wacom, it's worth the money. I think they might have some patent on the cordless pressure-sensitive stylus or something, because I haven't seen anything that really even tries to compete with them. Other folks used to make corded drafting tablets that were about as good, but they were expensive and I haven't seen anything notable besides Wacom in years.
~Joe
PS - Look on pricewatch.com; you might be able to find some competitive pricing. I used to get RAM from them for super cheap, back before all RAM was super cheap.

I have a pressure-sensitive drawing pad from Wacom, and it works great.

Back