What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star wars iii

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
I went to it yesterday. Just curious what everybody thought. I won't say too much for those who haven't seen it yet. It was good..........but IMO the first three made are still the best. Great effects though!

There was a midnight showing and people were in line for it since 8 in the morning.............craziness. I was getting out of a movie at 9 that night and saw a big line including a guy dressed up in an $800 storm trooper suit.

Cool, my friends saw the premiere. Too bad, I couldn't go. I have never seen any star wars at all, just wasn't my thing. The guy who send $800 on the suit needs to spend his money on something useful, $800, does it come with lasers?

I thought it was a pretty good flick, caught the very first 12:01 AM showing... pretty darn tight. I rank it almost as high as empire strikes back, which was my favorite.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The guy who send $800 on the suit needs to spend his money on something useful, $800, does it come with lasers?

I am sure he would say the same thing about freaks that spend 100's of dollars on plants, R.O units, humidifiers, terrariums, greenhouses...

I haven't seen it yet, I'll end up waiting for it to be out on DVD. Kinda goofy that way. Movies are to expensive to go and see at the theater.

I saw it twice so far and thought it was pretty awesome.... from reactions I've seen, it seems as though fans of the "Original Trilogy" tend to think more highly of this one, whereas fans of the newer ones liked it less(I've been a really devoted fan ever since 1977 and I thought this one almost made up for Episode 1 myself
biggrin.gif
)
either way, it was far from perfect but it was easily the best of the "Prequel Trilogy"

My only real complaint is that JarJar was barely in it- stupid as he was I sort of liked him for some reason I can not fathom

I wish there was more of a few of the planets from the "ambush" scenes, (trying to avoid spoilers here too) there was one that looked like it would have GIANT CPs and stuff on it, but from the 5 seconds it was onscreen you didn't have time to check it out
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll end up waiting for it to be out on DVD. Kinda goofy that way. Movies are to expensive to go and see at the theater.
I agree 100 percent. I have been waiting for this movie to come out since Episode II. I just can't see spending all that $$$ to go to the theater and put up with all the inconsiderate people and their cell phones
mad.gif

I swear, I am going to invent a device that jams cell phones.

Saw the first showing yesterday, and was riveted to my seat. Didn't like all the episodes (#1=yuk!) but #3 was very good. Yoda de man!!!!

The funniest part in the movie was when Yoda clambered up onto the Wookie. It looked like he needed one of those baby-carrier backpacks.

Yes Yoda is amazing. I have not seen it yet but by far eposode II of all the ones I have seen wa the best because of Yoda

If Yoda you want, Tre, Yoda you shall get, there is quite a bit of everyone's "little green friend" in this film, doing all sorts of stuff, including climbing wookiees as was already mentioned

So I saw. It was very good. I was worried not enough was in the 2nd one to tie it together but I see George's brillance in this one. I like how he tieds everything together so you know why stuff happens in 4-6. And how this ws caused in 1 & 2

I saw it as well. I am 31 years old and pretty much grew up with the original trilogy. Having been disappointed with Episodes 1 and 2 basically for trying to cram too much digital crap in every square inch, my favorite is still Episode 4, however I rank Episode 3 as my second favorite.

I always find myself rooting for the bad guys though...

I think I could have done without the Iraq War political references, but aside from that I thought it was awesome.

CNC, your cell phone jammer has allready been invented and isntalled in several theaters in new zeland.

As for the Iraq political references, I think everyone is reading a little to far into this. This script, in it's basic form, has been around for decades, the story, has been around for 35 years! I am a republican, and I think my party simply needs to 'get a grip' when it comes to this. Star Wars is Star Wars, period.

And I seriously don't want this topic to become a political discussion.

The story has been around 27 years but the dialogue hasn't. Just an observation.

Exactly, it's a movie and I hate when they try to sneak things into them...especially Star Wars...a movie like Primary Colors or Wag the Dog fine. Believe me I have no bias either way, I'm Independent, but come on, you can't deny the intent, it was a direct quote!

It's the nature of Hollywood...I guess I'm a little disappointed that kind of stuff made it into a movie (story) that has always been a standard of excellence.

By the way, did I mention I loved the movie?

Back