What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't wait for this movie!

http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/behind_the_magic.html?movie=teaser1&size=WMlarge

Narnia Movie

Linkified for ya. I saw a preview for this when I went to watch Star Wars ep. III, looks like it'll be neet. But The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe isn't the first book in the chronical... (IIRC)
confused.gif

Actually.. Come to think of it, I think I'll read these again!!
smile.gif

believe they are going in publishing order.
i am also excited for this series. i can 'member watching the cheesy ones they made when i was younger over at friends houses.

smile.gif
YAY!!!
smile.gif

I love those books!

OH....MY.....GAWD!

One of my favorites from childhood!

They're really going into epic fantasy in the movies, eh?

Wonder what will be next? The Bellgariad? Or more children's stuff like The Dark is Rising?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ May 24 2005,12:40)]OH....MY.....GAWD!

One of my favorites from childhood!

They're really going into epic fantasy in the movies, eh?

Wonder what will be next?  The Bellgariad?  Or more children's stuff like The Dark is Rising?
They seem to have discovered with Harry Potter and LotR that popular fantasy books, faithfully adapted, make for very profitable movies.

I still haven't figured out if they'll do all seven Narnia books, or if they'll combine some into one movie, or if they'll skip some altogether.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ May 24 2005,8:44)]They seem to have discovered with Harry Potter and LotR that popular fantasy books, faithfully adapted, make for very profitable movies.
LOTR? Faithfully adapted? They destroyed the main character, the Ents, Faramir.... need I go on?

I've got mixed feelings about the Chronicles of Narnia movie. The series is one of my all-time favorites. There is potential for it to be done well & faithfully adhere to the book, but, likewise, there is also the possibility that one of my favorite stories will be utterly ruined. I'll most likely see it when it comes out, and pronounce my judgment then.
smile_n_32.gif

Yay! Now I'll finally get to know what the heck "Turkish Delight" is! I never really got into the books that much. They were a bit too british for me, and now that I'm older, the whole christianity reference thing puts me off.

Speaking of old cheesy movies, I saw a cartoon Lord of the Rings over my friends's house a while back. They filmed real people running, and then traced and colored over them, frame by frame. It looked really sweet!

I'm curious how they'll handle the religion thing because the Christianity of Narnia is very different from modern imperialist Christianity. But I liked the books too much to see the movie. I know how every character looks because each is what I imagined when reading the books. Movies always get it wrong. That's why I haven't seen any LOTR movies.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ May 30 2005,9:33)]now that I'm older, the whole christianity reference thing puts me off.
I am as atheist as they come, and I *still* love Narnia!

Regardless of source of inspiration, it is a great story.

Tolkien supposedly told CS Lewis that all the religious allegory ruined the Narnia stories. But Tolkien supposedly hated allegory, which makes it funny how some people grasp for deep meaning in LOTR. I like Narnia, religion and all. Especially Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Back