What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction

Chiming and cheering, with a big wet kiss for your hard work, PAK! Thank you!

This auction wouldn't have happened without you.
Thank you.

Yup! Lots of hard work. Good job PAK! I bet you NASC people are excited to spend some of that!

Party at my house!! Free Beer for everybody.
smile_n_32.gif

Good job, PAK! Rest on your laurels now!

Hooray! PAK, you're awesome! Thanks a lot!

WOOHOO! Many thanks to PAK, for this great event. Two auctions in a row...man, you must be flat out on your back!
smile_n_32.gif

Hopefully there will be more to come. Hey, did anyone ever think of doing a continuous auction like the UK cp forum. Joking, joking.....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Party at my house!! Free Beer for everybody

ALRIGHT!

PAKie PAkie PAKie PAkie PAKie PAkie PAKie PAkie PAKie PAkie
Auction AUCTION
Auction AUCTION
OH a bid! it's a bid! OHH, a bid!

(anyone who knows badger badger badger will get that one)

Great job PAK!

Schloaty are you on crack or somethin'...
smile_n_32.gif

Never heard that song before...
smile_l_32.gif

Awwww...you guys made me cry. Although that's not too hard at the moment.

Thank you VERY much for all the kind comments but really this auction would be nothing at all except some chick going around harrassing people, without the community at large who cares enough to dig deep into their collections and pockets for a good cause.

The auction is YOU...not me. I'm happy to do it because of you all. This forum has to be comprised of THE nicest, kindest people in the world. We are brought together with a common interest but individually we share all kinds of things that make it "real" and not some cold cyber mentality.

There are many to thank for the auction. I also want to thank all the mods who helped monitor everything (its a lot to keep track of) and also those who messaged me if they thought there was a problem. I am grateful for the help.

Your thanks means a lot. Things are very difficult for me right now so its hard to be here. Any scrap of kindness goes a long way.

You're right, the forum is a bunch of great people! (You are one of us too
smile_m_32.gif
) Let me give an example of this. Through everything that happened with our son Canden, and now the announcement of being pregnant with baby Laurel, I recieved soooo many comments and good wishes etc througout my posts. My wife is only one one forum. One for people who have experienced the loss of a child. Which forum do you think gave the most loving, kind, thoughtfull comments to simular posts? You would think the one that is MENT for these announcements. NOPE. THIS ONE! And not by a little bit either. Look back to my current topic for example. 7 pages or responses. 61 replys. And 667 views. How about the topic on the forum my wife visits? 5 1 line replys. 45 views. not even a page. I think this tells ya a little more about the people here. We rock!!
action-smiley-035.gif
action-smiley-035.gif
action-smiley-035.gif
action-smiley-035.gif

Andrew

Andrew,

Being new, I didn't know that you had lost a child. My deepest condolences. Goodness. I don't know how anything could be worse than that.

And now...baby Lauren! Yay for you and your wife!

...thanks April. I'm not sure if we have chosen a good name though. Not even born yet and everyone is getting it wrong. haha.. It is Laurel Not Lauren
smile_m_32.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. Laurel is an excellent name! My mistake! The ancient greeks wore Laurel-leaf wreaths on their hair, in the belief that it imparted wisdom.

LOL, I was just messing with you. The RN that we're naming her after says "Don't do that to your kid!!" hahaha ...too bad. We're gonna.
smile_l_32.gif
She don't fool us. I know she's happy and excited about it.

Laurel is perfect because its a plant name AND it stands for peace. What could be better than that? Unless maybe its "Madagascariensis". Maddie for short?
smile_m_32.gif

Back