What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you put in your oatmeal?

Just a fun topic to talk about. I hope everyone replies.

Anyway, I like to put in dried bits of apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar...and occasionally lamb intestines. Yes, you read right. It actually tastes like chicken.

All right, actually, my mom put it in, because, supposedly, it's good for your health, and she said it was chicken. I, being the young five year I was back then (back then...) believed her, and gobbled it all up. Only later did she tell me. Another time, she gave me "pork", and I ate it as well, because, although it was just the other day, I was still quite gullible. So I ate about 5 pieces of it, before my sister said it was veal. You can imagine how sick I felt afterwards (which was easily cured with some ice cream).

Well, I hope you guys are interested in this topic, and please reply!!

LOLL-ing like crazy! So much I'd like to say...

Anyways, I put lotsa brown sugar,, with some Shedd Spredd, and milk in it. Definitely gonna pass on the lamb imtestines!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I don't eat oatmeal. Not that it's particularly gross or anything, I just don't eat breakfast that often, and when I do, I eat stuff like cold cereal. fruit, or yogurt.

Cold stuff is bad for your tummy in the morning. I like cold cereal as well, but my mom doesn't like for me to eat it. She'd rather me eat intestines.

EDIT: It seems that I post every half hour. How strange. And It's not like I grew up eating intestines in my oatmeal. My mom just did it once, I guess because she had some leftovers in the fridge.

Hmmm...when I can afford it, I buy the good oatmeal..cut, not rolled, LOL. It comes in a tin(from Scotland.."if it's not Scottish...it's crap!").  Usually, I just buy the Quaker Oats stuff in a canister, or this other stuff that's like oatmeal but has 7 grains.  

I put in: Brown sugar (lots), cinnamon, butter, and milk.  Yum.  I do the same thing to breakfast grits, too.  And Cream of Wheat.  

Don't know if I could deal with intestines with my oatmeal..but hey, if you grew up with them that way...then it's no big deal!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VFT_lover123 @ May 25 2005,5:00)]Cold stuff is bad for your tummy in the morning. I like cold cereal as well, but my mom doesn't like for me to eat it. She'd rather me eat intestines.
Maybe so, but I can't stomach normal, hot breakfast foods, like sausage, bacon, pancackes or waffles in the morning.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VFT_lover123 @ May 25 2005,6:00)]I guess because she had some leftovers in the fridge.
Um... not everybody keeps lamb intestines in their fridge. Some us keep CP seeds and VFT's. I put them in the butter keeper.
smile_m_32.gif

I don't like oatmeal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 25 2005,6:17)]I don't like oatmeal.
How do you feel about lamb intestines?

I don't really like oatmeal either but when i do eat it I may put in bananas, stawberries, blueberries, or some other random fruit i happen to have.
as for the lamb intestines... hmm... i'd probably try it just because i like experiencing new things :p

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you feel about lamb intestines?
I like them fried or either stuffed with spicy sausage.

Plain oatmeal?  Yecch.  With peanut butter and brown sugar?  Yum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 25 2005,6:53)]I like them fried or either stuffed with spicy sausage.
That actually sounds appealing. Now, where have you procured the lamb intestines?

Reminds me of a tourist trap in Amarillow, Texas, called, "The Big Texan". They have that 72 oz. steak deal with all the trimmings for free if you can down it all. They also have a platter with fried and breaded odd things - rattkesnake, rabbit, buffalo, and calf fries. It was that calf fries / mountain oysters that reminded me of lamb intestines. Like the AlphaWolf, I'd try it just because it's different.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It was that calf fries / mountain oysters that reminded me of lamb intestines.

ROFL! I hope you ate up aaaaall of them delicous calf fries! Yum!
laugh.gif

Does anyone remember the more kind name Americans use when referring to cow stomach?

I think its tripe or something like that. Anyway-that stuff is pretty good.
smile.gif

Hmmm, thought this was another of those random topics that people *looks at Jimscott* put up. Ah, I see he vied for the 2nd post...
smile_m_32.gif

I've only tried oatmeal once or twice before, and not really the one you get to add anything to either, it came ready made in a packet. Suppose I'll be seeing more of that stuff when I go to america eh?

Now that I've read the topic, I see that I'm a bit late...how did this turn from 'oatmeal' into lamb/cow/rattlesnake intestines, PLEASE?!?! Ugh...
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 25 2005,6:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you feel about lamb intestines?
I like them fried or either stuffed with spicy sausage.
You should try them in soup. It's called "mondongo" and it tastes great.

Back