What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What toppings do you like on your pizza?

And how was it Jim? ~Niki~
smile.gif

pineapple!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ May 30 2005,2:18)]And how was it Jim? ~Niki~
smile.gif
Um... that wasn't one of my more successful experiments. That one ranks down there with making an omelet with popcorn.... or adding more sugar to my oatmeal to compensate for having a little too much salt.... or microwaving a raw egg .... or taking a wire with bare ends and plugging both ends into a wall outlet (think of the scene in Back To The Future when Doc Brown tries to complete the electrical circuit with the Belltower clock).... or utilizing a stream to keep cool water flowing over cobra lily roots... or...

So how was the popcorn omelette?  I picture a pretty nice looking omelette full of slimey popcorn.  In cartoon world, on the other hand, you'd use unpopped corn.  It would pop inside the omelette and either shoot bits of hot egg all over the kitchen or the omelette would just keep expanding and eventually burst out of the kitchen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 29 2005,10:12)]Real pizza is cut in squares.
Square pizza? herenorthere, have you been hanging out at Frank Pepe's in Wooster Square too long?

Real pizza is made in Chicago!!

Popcorn omelets are not going to be a big hit with the public. Don't expect to see it catch on.

Chicago? You mean those crusts that extend to the top?

Kahnli...agreed. Ever had pizza in NY NY, or Reno NV...they don't have a clue. Aprilh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 30 2005,11:25)]Kahnli...agreed.  Ever had pizza in NY NY, or Reno NV...they don't have a clue.  Aprilh
April, you have had the good stuff from NYC? I salute you or genuflect...
smile_n_32.gif

I just had some pizza in NYC on Sunday... It's good but it's not Chicago style.

I make my own pizza. Of course, it's California thin-crust style. In the crust (because I like tasty crust) I put in basil, oregano, dill, garlic (powder and roasted), thyme, rosemary, parsley, and those hot pepper flakes. I can't eat too much fresh tomato, so I use a creamy garlic sauce, pesto, or bbq! Topping I like olive, mushroom, spinach, artichoke, sundried tomatoes, more garlic, cheese, and broccoli. And if it fits, either chicken or pepperoni plus red onion. Yeah, I like pizza.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Square pizza? herenorthere, have you been hanging out at Frank Pepe's in Wooster Square too long?
Or Dominos? Their thin-crust square-cut pizza makes me feel funky..

PIZZA HUT is the best pizza and I don't care where the HELL it is!

I don't go for the Pepe's style of pizza and have never been there or the places that mimic it.  A place like that opened in the neighborhood a few years ago and, I don't know how, but it sometimes pumps out the foulest smell I've lived with since living a couple miles downstream of a paper mill in Maine.  Fortunately, this smell only travels a few hundred feet before sun and air and the forces of goodness conquer it.  It's kind of, but not exactly like burning cheese and seems to happen too often to be accidental.

As for Pizza Hut, if that's the kind of pizza you like best, I guess it's the best there is.  I used to like a personal pan with sausage and jalapeno.  But the last few times I tried pizza from there, the sauce and crust seemed sweet and I didn't like it.

none, i like plain-old cheese pizza.    

MY all time waz was the square cut bigfoot pizzas from PIZZA HUT ( i used to think it was pizza hot)

BUT if my local ones ever get really sweet sauces and crusts im going to look elsewhere

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 06 2005,7:04)]I don't go for the Pepe's style of pizza and have never been there...
I actually have never been to Pepe's either. Even though it's just down the road from me there's always a freaking line around the block to get in (I don't know too many places that are worth waiting in a line for an hour to eat). Since there's no way I can get Chicago style around here I usually go for the Mediteranian style.
If you don't mind me asking... Where in CT are you? Obviously, with my talk of Pepe's and Wooster Square, I'm in New Haven.

The rule of the universe should be: If it's not a desert item, <span style='font-family:teletype'>IT SHOULD NOT BE SWEET</span>.

Desert? Rightbackatcha!
laugh.gif

speaking of desert, i had this fresh and unique cheescake right out of the whatever makes cheese place and it was the only one i ever liked. It was... i forget the flavor and the place but it was the only cheescake i ever liked. I guess i just never botherd to remember it.

Borders Bookstore is offering a Keylime Cheesecake. What a fantastic combination!

Cheesecake rocks. My mom makes the best chocolate cheesecake ever--I think that's the week I gained 5 lb.

Does she put lamb intestines in it?
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Back