What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fights that you've been in

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
Bugweed you post did inspire this topic. I was rather thrilled. Odd as that may be. As you can all tell I am out of violet movies to watch as well as books now that Anne Rice has falled out of my favor.
I have only been in three although as far as anyone is concered one did not happen. The other two were in Third Grade. Between this kid named Jordon Waters and myself. I don't remember the motive but I do remember the fights. One had something too do with the "tree fort" at our school. I remember he hit me first and knocked me off the 4-5 foot high "fort". I climed up the side and decked him in the head and then pushed him off. I think the concreate on that side of the fort did most of the damage to him. I must have landed right though because I don't remember being hurt.
The second one I remember distinctly b/c it was at my best friends B-day party. He wanted to pay me back and so tried to choke me with a rope. I rolled him over my back and he lost the gripe on the rope. I distinctly remember watching his face turn purple as I choked him with one hand and punched him in the head with the other. I suppose we were violet little buggers. Ironically not a month before the first encounter I was told that "if anyone ever hits you hit back until help comes." This would be even more Ironic but...

also where I lived in 4th and half of 5th grade we neighborhood kids would be the snot out of eachother. Expecailly when we played street hocky. I remmeber a many hock stick fights. Then I became wise and non-violent. Alright maybe wise is streaching it but non-violet yes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 28 2005,8:06)]I distinctly remember watching his face turn purple as I choked him with one hand and punched him in the head with the other.
That's funny.

Oh, goodness...where to begin.  Haven't been in a fight for 25+ years, but before that... I put a cheerleader through some drywall for insulting me when I was in high-school. She wasn't hurt, but her mascara was damaged.  I was walking with friends(the guys in Wall of Voodoo, and the women in my band)down Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood, CA, when a car load of kids threw bottles at us.  I picked up one of the bottles out of the gutter, broke it off on the curb..and went after them. At the time they did this..they were stuck in traffic. Somehow, and luckily for them, they fled, because my mind went absolutely blank.  I'm usually very peaceful, just don't corner me! LOL!

I guess this topic will be ok as long as it doesn't get too graphic.

I'll add a couple of stories here.

The first was when I was very young. I don't know how old I was but it was before I started kindergarden. Every Thursday the local library had a thing where they would read books to preschoolers. Our parents would drop us off and then pick us up when it was over. I always went with my best friend Eric. I don't remember all the details. I don't remember what started the fight. I only remember the fight. While we were waiting for our parents to pick us up, me and a black boy started fighting for some reason. All I remember about it was both of us rolling around on the floor biting each other and we both were crying. We knocked over a five foot book rack that spin around. Then the librarians came and pulled us apart.

Another fight I was in when I was in Job Corps. I was first jumped by about 10 black guys. I stood my ground and fought back, but it was mostly just me blocking punches. I kept from getting hit in the face. Most of the punches that they landed was from behind. I only got the chance to hit a few of them. I guess they decided that they had had their fun or I just wasn't worth it, so they stopped. Being young and dumb, I let my mouth override my brain. I told them that I would kill everyone of them. They laughed, but I wouldn't leave or shutup. So they jumped me again. This time I guess their friends decided to jump in too. I think this time there was about 20 of them. I still stood my ground, I tried to get may back to a wall so they couldn't get me from behind, but I just couldn't do it. One guy tried to knee me in a bad place but missed, he kneed me in the leg instead. The biggest one of them blind sided me with a punch just under my eye. I landed on my butt. I knew that was the last place I wanted to be so I jumped back up and kept fighting. The whole thing probably last about 10 mins. Then security got there and broke it up. They took me away and put me in a truck. I felt my eye and realized that my cheek was about double it's normal size.
I was talking to my friends the next day and they told me that one guy tried to help me, but I tried to punch him. I didn't even know the guy that tried to help me. I talked to him later and he told me the same things that my friends told me. So I guess it was true.

I don't fight. I hate fighting. I've never struck anyone in my life and can't IMAGINE doing so.
confused.gif

I hate fighting too, but

1) at some point you have just had ENOUGH taunting. Don't ask me my opinion on Columbine.
2) If it's me or him...it's going to be him.
3) Don't corner people.

You can't lay back all the time. Peace is wonderful..but if other people won't give you any peace....then you have to fight for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't ask me my opinion on Columbine.

they crossed the line though, dont you think? i mean they killed alot of people who probably had nothing to do with that and a black kid just for being black..so you know

In the past month my only atempts at agression wich probably would have culminated in a fight were avirted in the lastminuit by me by because 1 guy could bench 200 and im not very big, and there was this other guy who's nickname "tank" is accurate. And when i mean 'tank' i dont mean body fat, but ripped. both had been causing problems with me for some time

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 28 2005,11:39)](the guys in Wall of Voodoo, and the women in my band)
Memory is fading - Mexican Radio?

Yes, Mexican Radio. But don't hold any grudges against April since she's not responsible for it. Or for Columbine either, I assume.

I like that song! That and Turning Japanese.

Well, obviously Klebold and Harris crossed the line!  
confused.gif

Ever seen "Bowling for Columbine"?

Mexican Radio...didn't care for the song myself.  But I'm glad they made some money on it, they deserved it and were real nice guys.  Their drummer was a drum machine named "Ace."

Mark Moreland, the guitar player, was in the punk band the Germs (I think)before Wall of Voodoo.  After Voodoo, he became the guitar player for Johnette Napolitano, after that, he moved to Paris and died a couple of years ago whilst waiting for a liver transplant.  He drank quite a bit.  He was very cute when he was young(weren't we all?!)prematurely grey, all us girls had crushes on him, and that's how I'll always remember him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rlhirst @ May 29 2005,7:00)]I love concrete blond
Yeah, and I have the single called, "Joey". Great song!

I don't fight either. Besides the fact that I don't let people enjoy picking on me and that I don't make people mad enough to fight me, I guess they don't want to look stupid by picking a fight with a short quiety guy that doesn't bother anyone :p
I've never been in a real fight, although one time in... oh... 4th grade this annoying guy took my gatorade and so I ran and tackled him. He fell down face first (and I fell on top of him of course) and let go of the gatorade. It flew out of his hands while spinning in the air, landed on the concrete and the bottle broke and it spilled out all the liquid inside. He was laughed at because he was all athletic and the big man and stuff and was brought down by a shy quiet short guy. The !@#$ never did buy me another one
mad.gif
... but he never bothered me again either. I knew he didn't like me because it was obvious but he left me alone.
another time ... 7th grade I think... this guy was hitting me on the head and didn't want to stop so I got REALLY mad (they say I look scary when i get like that...) and I turn around and hit him somewhat hard on top of the head (I was planning on hitting him harder but I hesitated and ended up not doing much). He also never bothered me again.
... and that's it... I told you i'm a pacifist
blues.gif

iI was a pacafidst once.. You should have seen all the looks people in class ggave me when i said that, the incredulous tones. Like its a sing of weakness or something. But thats not why im no longer a pacafist anymore.

I remember back in third grade this spazz named Matt and I got into a fight. He chucked a chair at me, tackled me, and I ended up punching him in the side of the head, and tossing him off me. We both got pink slips.

Two years ago this fat kid would start verbally harassing me on the bus. I would always throw back expertly witty retorts, which ticked him off a lot. One time when we got off the bus I heard "What do you say to this!" and turned around just in time to dodge a punch. He ran off into his house.

I try not to fight, but if someone is looking for trouble, and starts one with me, i won't hold back.

This kid, Kevin, at school, for whatever the reason, hates me. He was verbally harrasing me a lot. One time he kicked me in the shin, and punched me in the face. Well, i couldn't let that go unchecked. When he tried to throw a punch at me again, i grabbed his wrist, twisted it behind his back, kicked him in the back of the knee, and put him in a headlock until he apologized and admitted he'd lost (besides, there was a crowd gathering). Well, one of his friends has an older brother who is considerably larger than me, which is impressive, as i'm 5' 9" and 14 years old. He's the same age as me. He confronted me in the bathroom, and twisted my arm behind my back in the same fashion. I saw an opening, and kicked him in the shin as hard as i could. Stunned, he let go, and i punched him as hard as i could in the gut. Then i ran to tell the principal that what i had done was in self defense before he heard otherwise. As it turns out, none of us got suspended, but we're all on behavioral probation from school activities (so long 8th grade dance...). It turns out that Spencer (the big dude) was misinformed, and heard that his brother was the one who i twisted up. He couldn't care less about Kevin. Anyway, it seems to be cleared up now, and i've got a cool reputation now.
biggrin.gif

smile_n_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

Back