What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have a family tradition?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 30 2005,2:07)]At least your plants will never go hungry, Jimscott~
.... until she moves out!

EVERY year we watch a christmas story. the one about the bb gun.

My personal tradition is that the second I pull my car into the driveway, after getting home from the Hell Mouth, is that I walk around my gardens. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Unless I have to go to the bathroom real bad, then I have to go into the house first.
biggrin.gif

Ha ha ha!

I just caught this-
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]second goes to Rachel (fruitfly infested daughter).
and this
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]At least your plants will never go hungry, Jimscott~
You guys crack me up!

Let's see, real family traditions hmmm.  Rootbeer turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner.

I have a personal tradition of making Thanksgiving dinner when it's not Thanksgiving, and having all of my friends over. It all started when I was a freshman in highschool and my friend Julia got a frozen turkey as her holiday bonus from Subway (ooh, thanks, Subway.) She didn't have any intention of cooking it, so I somehow got it in my head that I would commandeer her kitchen and make a turkey dinner for all of our friends. Ever since then I've been making turkey dinners every six months or so, in addition to turkey at Thanksgiving and turkey and ham at Christmas with my family.
Since my friends and I are all still pretty young, we spend the actual Thanksgiving with family, and so I started making my own Thanksgiving dinners to get a chance to do the Thanksgiving thing with the people who I choose to have in my life, and not just the ones I'm stuck with. :)
Plus, I loooove leftovers.
~Joe

PS - Laura, you must tell me of this root beer turkey... PM me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 31 2005,12:21)]Ha ha ha!

I just caught this-
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]second goes to Rachel (fruitfly infested daughter).
and this
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]At least your plants will never go hungry, Jimscott~
You guys crack me up!
Just add Bugweed, BCK, and JBL - and we aims to please!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hey! This must be that breed of New Woman they've been promising us since the Seventies! Cool! Lucky you!
I'm like that too. If I were ever allowed to go anywhere, do anything or attempt any other thing concerning getting the hell out of the house, I would probably have alot of male friends due to how I am.

Rootbeer turkey? Nice.

Back