What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have a family tradition?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
In both the family I grew up with and the one I now have, Sunday was when we made homemade pizza. Back in the day, we watched Disney on TV. Now we watch a video.

How about you?

Does fighting every two seconds count?

Fighting is one of the most powerful family traditions. A younger generation might quit making the pizza, but they'll continue the fighting. Too bad.

Mom made Mrs. Paul's fish-sticks every Tuesday night. Nauseating. I haven't eaten a Fish Stick for 25 years! And I never will again. Yay!

We watched Disney on TV every Sunday, too. And Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 29 2005,10:35)]We watched Disney on TV every Sunday, too.  And Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
Yeah, me too! I always thought Mutual Of Omaha was the name of the show. I had no idea it was advertizing. Hapless dupe!

We used to watch It's Academic, too.

Everyone in the family races to see who can get up first on Dec. 25 to open presents.

The firstborn boy's always called Hans. My son's the fourth....

Oh yes, and all the men in our family love to burp real loud, especially in public!

That sounds alot like this family, including me... although my mom beats all the men out of the running on that one. Go Mom!!

Right on!!!!! My hat's off to yer Mom!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hans Breuer @ May 29 2005,10:23)]Oh yes, and all the men in our family love to burp real loud, especially in public!
I've got three sons and one daughter. Guess which child thinks it's socially desirable to belch loudly?
confused.gif

Hey! This must be that breed of New Woman they've been promising us since the Seventies! Cool! Lucky you!

And she comes complete with fruit flies! Yes, I feel quite blessed!
smile_m_32.gif

Complete with fruit flies, eh?

Sounds like quite a few families have the belching/burping down pat but.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 30 2005,8:35)]Sounds like quite a few families have the belching/burping down pat but... can anyone's family out there belch AND fart in time to the theme song of Scoobie Doo?  Boys!  Mine are so... talented and musically inclined.
Too bad th "Gong Show" isn't around anymore. Don't think American Idol will let it fly.

But you could let it fly on American Idol and see what happens.

There was a French guy by the name of Le Petomaine who ummmm, played music by way of flatulence. He was a fartiste! He was a star of the stage in France around the turn of the century, I believe.  The name of the Governor in Blazing Saddles was Le Petomaine, har de har.  

http://www.amazon.com/exec....=glance

Most people fart or belch unbidden, my sister can fart on command.  Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere! What a talent!

And Laura seems to think you don't know any French!

Great scene from a great movie. Nobody over 40 looks at beans in quite the same way anymore! Great lines: "Here comes your new.... (sheriff?)

April!  Thank You!  I am ordering that book.

First rosebud of the season (which was earlier this week) goes to Lynn (wife) and second goes to Rachel (fruitfly infested daughter).

Also, a store-bought rose goes to Rachel for her birthday in December.

At least your plants will never go hungry, Jimscott~

Back