What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone please inform me about

Pramod
This person keeps emailing me from supposedly India. He wants to trade plants but obviouly I can't do that, being illegal and all without permits. Anyone been bugged? I find it very odd that in India he is up all night and day obviouly because no matter when I email him he responds with in 10 minutes. Whether it is 6:30 eastern time am or 10:00 pm

He (Pramodisha) joined the forums last year and made several posts in the CP Trading forum - and then disappeared.

he was bugging me a while back also. i basically ignored him.

I know of Pramod. He contacted William Dawnstar a good while back and set up a trade of gem stones for the book The Savage Garden. William sent the book but had to wait a looooong time to get the stones. When they finally arrived, they were just "ok" and not of the quality he was expecting. Pramod also wanted plants as well, but William was not willing to send the plants first after having waited so long for the stones.

Pramod IS in India. He cannot obtain CPs there. From what I know of him, he seems to be an Ok guy...just very pushy about getting plants. William did a lot of emailing with Pramod and at first he found him likeable but later got rather irritated with him.

How come he cant get plants in India?

No..........why cant he get plants IN India e.g an Indian CP nursery

Dino, There may not be any in India.

I think there is one in Sri Lanka...Borneo Exotics?

hmmmmmm but Sri Lanka is now independant and has its own goverment so Im not sure if he could order from them

Well since he does not seem to have any cps. I told him I was not interested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 31 2005,6:40)]hmmmmmm but Sri Lanka is now independant and has its own goverment so Im not sure if he could order from them
it's more logical that he gets it from sri lanka. it's closer than the US.

In case you don't know the governments of Sri Lanka and India do not get along. Maybe it's because Celyon (Sri Lanka) used to be owned or at least run by India. So they try to avoid eachother.

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh all used to be united under India, they were united all through the British Rule in India, but a year after India became independant and all the Brits left, Pakistan became independant(Bangladesh was known as east Pakistan) but east Pakistan soon bvecame independant from Pakistan and became known as Bangladesh.......around this time Sri Lanka also broke away from Indian rule, Im not sure but I think there was extremely fierce fighting with India vs. Sri Lanka before Sri Lanka was given independence

I'm not sure either but I do know that they don't like eachother like Pakastan and India

does it really matter? I mean even if youw anted to it you counld't and would it be worth it?

Well he could get plenty of Neps from there but for other suff I don't know.

*cue X-Files theme*

Back