What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your computer room/area look like

hey We all use this forum/s (duh duh duh) and you use a computer to do so. So what does your computer desk setup look like?

Post a pic of where you're sitting while you're reading this
biggrin.gif

IM000570.jpg

IM000569.jpg

Huzzah!
Guess what I'm doing... finals! You can't see my answers, so nyah! Hooray for computability!
~Joe

PS - My pretty pretty Power Mac G5 not pictured. And behind the camera, about two dozen more math and comp sci texts on the floor.

If only my digital camera was back from the repair shop in (well where ever Kodak sent it). I coul d put you all to shame as you viewed my library
smile_n_32.gif
I have only read all the books in it once and about half 2 x or more. To bad I got rid of 4 shelfs worth of books recently. I took the shelves out also. So only half a library. Well until I stock up again
smile_m_32.gif

Nope seedjar I can see what your doing: Geometry (Lamna tiped me off). It was either that or chemistry or physics but proof is only in geometry. Which has to be the most boring math subject. Who cares if two triangles are the same? Thats right no one

No, that's not geometry. Lambda stands for the string of no characters in automata theory. That book is on formal languages, Turing machines, and other topics in computability. If you'll look closely, the proof that the book is open to is the undecidablilty of the word problem for semi-Thue systems, which shows that there is no algorithm to determine whether or not one string of characters can be derived from another using a finite set of subsitution rules.
~Joe

PS - I wouldn't be talking bad about triangles - without triangles your roof wouldn't stay up so well. And neither would bridges or airplanes. :)

Okay it says "chapter 11:" then what? I swear that says geometry. Yeah well it is boring. Oops I am use to Lambda standing for wavelengh. Oh well

P.S. pentagonal houses work jsut as well
smile_n_32.gif

Chapter 11: Decidability. And yes, it is superbly boring. It's math problems about math problems. Then, after that is computational complexity and mu-recursive functions! Huzzah!
~Joe

I read lambda and think wide band lambda sensor to determine the air fuel ratio on my car
biggrin.gif

Can't post a pic, but it's in the living room, up against a wall and in the corner. Desk (more like desk/shelves/drawers) is about 6' wide by about 7' high and has a roll-out keyboard part, monitor on desk, and out-of-place-looking newer printer to the right, right next to the scanner, which is to the left. Down below and to the right in a cabinet compartment is the tower. To the right and left are drawers with random crap in them and above the monitor, scanner and printer are shelves with more random crap. Crappy speakers are to the left and in the back and to the upper right and on the back of a shelf. Couch chair behind computer chair, two other couches in the room, a trash can to the left of the computer chair, and the modem-line phone to the left of the monitor which is used when Catch-A-Call rings a call through when someone's on the Internet (God I hate that thing.. it's supposed to give you 30 seconds to use the phone when it rings in before it cuts the Internet connection out, but it cuts AOL out almost EVERY SINGLE TIME, regardless of how long you're on the phone when you pick it up). Boy, if I had my way, I'd have a computer in my room, but unfortunately I'm stuck in the living room, which is the highway of the house (grandparents looking over my shoulder and annoying the <censored> out of me all the time)... the coldest/hottest room of the house for some unknown reason... adjacent to the dining room (not even a full wall separating), which is where my grandparents always watch TV and stuff, so they hear everything that goes on on the computer, meaning I have to wait until they're out of the house to download anything, and I never download music because of the crappy speakers anyway... and it's just not my room, which is where I would otherwise spend almost all of my time.

LOL, FTG - I can't believe you have jimscott as your quote.
And Joe - Discrete Mathematics was the only class I got higher than a "C" in (got a B+). Got a C- in remedial math my freshman year, failed Calculus twice, but the "higher level" logic made plenty of sense!

Anyway, here's my setup.

desktop.jpg

I'm mostly a lefty, so I need space on the left to write, space on the right for mousing. And I have to put any books on the right, as the neps, pings, utrics, and drosera are on the back left hogging the morning light. The only thing that is horribly out of sync is my keyboard. I love this thing, and I've been using it for 15 years!

only 3 people have posted pics, come on ppl!!!!
smile_n_32.gif

I know I havnt got a pic yet........but i dont know where that digital camera is
confused.gif

serious!

I thought people would be all over this thread, its easy to participate in!

HELLO KITTY!

Back