What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usps priority mail shipping boxes

During a recent trade, I received a recommendation to visit this site: Shipping recommendations

I found out that I could get free USPS Priority Mail Shipping containers (as long as I shipped Priority Mail - which I planned to use anyway...). And you can order sizes not available at local post offices in bulk (again - free) delivered to your door.

Once I learned this, I figured everyone else in the world (USA anyway) already knew about this and I was just the last one in on the secret.
smile_l_32.gif
Comments in recent emails & posts have led me to believe that maybe I wasn't the last one to know....

Yeah...I knew about that. But I believe you must order them in bulk and I've heard it takes a while to get them. Still its a pretty good deal...free!

Hmm I will have to check that site out. I jsut tell the guy at the P.O. to order more square boxes usually

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah...I knew about that. But I believe you must order them in bulk and I've heard it takes a while to get them.

When you order special sizes, you're correct - and it does take a while - 1 to 2 wks for me. The normal sizes are available in small quantities at the post office (if you beg, you might get a case(20).

I think I went a little order crazy. I think I'm going to get 60 boxes which was way more then I wanted.

I already knew about this too.

Thanks for posting the link.  I didn't know about this. I've been buying my boxes.  Sometimes I buy them at the Post Office and sometimes I buy them at WalMart.  WalMart actually carries a nice thick box. Bummer but... I already bought the boxes I will use to ship plants to people who were high bidders. I certainly won't make the mistake of paying for boxes again as I always ship priority. Drat and double drat!  I (kicking self in rear a few times while pounding head on wall) can't figure out how I missed a site like that.

Back