What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hahaha mapquest

If I want to go to Darlingtonia State Park, Oregon from my house It will take approximatly 54 hours 43 minutes which will cover about 3045.5 miles. I will also get to visit all the major cities. Hemm hemm mapquest is so funny. Any one else have destinations they have been that would be incredibly long to drive?

Which is more time then going from Key Wet to Seattle, Wa

54 hours 34 minutes. About 3526.71 miles

Meh

Been there, done that. It's the drive across Wyoming and Nebraska that sucks the marrow from your bones, regardless of the total length of the drive. Or possibly Western Utah and Nevada. Man, come to think of it, there's no way to get from Salt Lake to anywhere without going through lots of nothing. Not lovely natural nothing. Just nothing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ June 05 2005,12:12)]It's the drive across Wyoming and Nebraska that sucks the marrow from your bones
Nebraska seems to be the armpit of America, at least in Hollywood's view.

"I thought I was dead for a year, but I was only in Nebraska." - from Unforgiven

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ June 05 2005,1:40)]Nebraska seems to be the armpit of America, at least in Hollywood's view.

"I thought I was dead for a year, but I was only in Nebraska."  - from Unforgiven
I thought New Jersey was considered the armpit of the nation.

Could be worse... you could be in Iowa. Hawkeye Pierce referred to Iowa as "the land of eternal nothingness".

Gee, I hope Copper doesn't see this topic!

Dude, you used Mapquest?! 9 times out of 10 there will be one instruction that will be errant - and it will be guaranteed to get you lost.

No I am not really going to drive. It would cost more in gas and hotels via car (and back pain) then it would be to fly. But I will be going to the park. I am so excited about this trip. Now if only I could figure out how to scrape together about $500 in a week for all the plants I want to buy
smile_n_32.gif

Oh well I suppose I can only buy what I can carry. I think this is ging to require a lot of tough thinking at Peters.

LOL! Mapquest says my drive to work should be 35 minutes. It's actually 90-120!

mapquest will usually give you a good laugh, it told me it takes 5.25 hours to get to Billings from home. doing 70-78mph it takes about 4 hours 15 minutes ive made it in 3 and a half though......played Nascar down the interstate. i hate driving east west across North Dakota, that is almost the most boring drive there is. the absolute worst drive is north/south through eastern Wyoming on my way to Denver/Colorado Springs there is NOTHING to look at. i love driving across Montana, almost always something to look at. there are some boring stretches up in my corner but most of it is great to drive through

So rattler you live out in the middle of No where or you jsut drive accross it
smile_n_32.gif

both! i live in Wolf Point, Montana look on a map, it will be way up in the NE corner, about 50 miles east of the Fort Peck Resevoir(huge lake) on Highway 2. im about a 12 hour drive from Minniapolis, about an 11 hour drive from Denver. havent gone to Seattle yet but off the top of my head........quick figuring.......guessing approximatly 13.5 to 14 hours

note all travel times based on Darlas and my lead feet, no kids with us, minimal construction, and nice weather(no/bare minimum of: snow, ice, fog or rain).

Minianopolis (sp?) thats where I'll be changing planes. Hmm rattle I pity you. although I about 2 hours from Orlando and 5 hours from the nearest "city" (Atlanta). Orlando is more like a sprawling suburb. I don't count Jacksonville as a city since there are only about 5 buildings (5 stories or more) and two of those are hotels
smile_n_32.gif

Back