What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We left the bathroom doors open

Look who strolled in to graze on my son's Neps and VFTs-
79738492.jpg

I hope he barfs his brains out.  He ripped all the leaves off of one of my orchids that was in that bathroom and he ate two VFTs and chewed on the leaves of two of Nick's Neps. I took the photo because "Ivan" the terrible looked cute hunched in and amongst the plants. He wasn't so cute anymore after I realized he had a field day in there.

Time to introduce him to the really big nep.

Great idea!  Your skink will need to show him the way though.

My skink is now snake poop

those plants look none the worse for wear. they will be fine. so will kitty. Because I have a few kitties...I don't even keep plants in the house.

How could you feed that skink to your snake, Ozzy? I would have paid cash dollars for you to send him to me. Snakes can be taught to take food that's already dead. That's what my sister uses.

he didnt say that these particular plans were the ones nibbled

ill tell ya what really can decimate a collection is when those darn kakapo's get to them.
f2_30may.jpg

they attak in groups

3chicks_together.jpg

and make a beeline towads your favorite plant

f2_54days.jpg

smile_m_32.gif

That last photo is beautiful Finch.  They are an endangered species right? Australia maybe? Flightless and vegetarians too I am pretty sure.  I have a girlfriend who owns a pet shop and although she doesn't sell them, she has two that are pets. They are heavy birds comparatively speaking. I am not one much for birds but all of my girlfriend's birds are personality plus and I don't mind them crawling all over me.  They are such nice birds I never feel threatened by them although one does always try to pull out my earrings.  The birds are heavy though. How much do yours weigh? I bet my girlfriend's birds weigh as much as a small cat.

Um April, 0zzy is pulling your leg big time. That skink is as much snake poop as one of our cats is coyote poop.

HEHE some people will fall for anything.

This is why I don't have anything but a dog. Well actually it is a pig in a dog suit but I refuses to eat anything that is not in a bowl or on a plate. So I don't have to worry about the plants

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] You should share the story behind your beloved Skink
I did. It can be found here.

Skink

Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy you are so nice.

Laura this is why I have a picky pig in a dog suit. It works wonders. If anything he's afraid of the plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]have a girlfriend who owns a pet shop and although she doesn't sell them, she has two that are pets. They are heavy birds comparatively speaking

that is impossible. with only 86 individuals of this species in existance, all individuals are found on intensly managed offshore islands near New zealand. all your details are consistant with the species,  and it is the only flightless parrot and yes it is very heavy but they dont exist in captivity, the last captive bird dieing over 100 years ago, It must be  a case of mistaken identy, but i cant concive what bird your mistaking tha kakapo with because its pretty unique.

http://www.kakaporecovery.org.nz/kakapointro.html

i was joking when i said that thing aout the kakapo's decimating stiff.
the photos are borrowed from the recovery program site, and of the 4 kapapo chicks produced this year, their third best breeding season since their rediscovery. their last breeding occurance was in 02

sorry if i caused confusion

What's that quote...if you don't fall for everything, you don't stand for anything?  

I knew your skink wasn't snake poop, BTW.  He was far to pretty to be used for snake poop.  

My sister used to have boa constrictors and she'd invite her butt-wipe friends over to watch them kill things. A nauseating spectator sport.  I finally convinced her they'd(the snakes) take food that's already dead.

Laura,

Maybe they're just really fat parrots that can no longer fly.

All my snakes and my skink eat what I call micicles. That's frozen mice.

My sister's snakes ate micicles and chicksicles.

I bought a DeKay's snake from a pet store once. I had it for about a week and I look in it's "aquarium" one morning and there's all these little brown worms! The snake had had babies! They were really cute little things.

I really, really like snakes. But I can't abide constrictors that eat living food. Bleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuggggggggggh. I know, I know...it's nature. It's natural. But a 5 foot Ball Python living in a 12 foot jewelry case in your living room is not natural! Which was my sister's situation. My sis had to give up the snake as a boyfriend of hers apparently abused the snake, and the snake got mean as a result. Apparently, you don't want to get bitten by a 5 foot long Ball Python. She gave the snake (Franny) to a local herpetological society, who adopted it out to a guy who had built a very large snake habitat in his back yard.

i love happy endings

Back