What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping complications

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
and wont let me ship the money and had been holding items i tought i shipped out to people who won it from me. they say its a scam, and suggested ties to al-whatever and such...

its my money thhat im using byt they say there doing me a favor by not letting me be duped

thats what we are. terrorist. we are funded by carnivorous plant auctions.

o_O

I'm sure FTG can sympathize. Her grandparents seemed equally paranoid about the internet in general :p

No offense, FTG
biggrin.gif

well i neeed help finding a way to cinvince them becase now theres some overdue stuff to ship!

and to dispel thiis notion if it opo's into people's heads, no, THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A EXUSE FOR OVERDUE ITEMS.

This is serious. I never talked to them about it becase it wa sMY money and i tought i could do what I wanted with it, i never even tought theyd make a issue on it.

Would a phone call from a board member help? If so please send me a PM and I'll either call or give you my number.

Well, Finch,

Don't worry about my stuff, please. I will send you your prairie seeds, though!

I don't know what to tell you. My real last name is Bin Laden...what can I say. Just ask Laura! Have your parents contact the owner, that may help. AprilBL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I will send you your prairie seeds, though

no they wont let me send the money out dont give it to me

i think so ozzy, i'll PM'ya

Huh.  Parrents can be a tad paranoid at times.  Though I CAN sympathise with them (horrors!  Can't beleive I'm saying that).  

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you, Finch?  I only ask because I would offer different advice to a 13 year old than a 16 year old.  

'rents can be a pain, but they ARE just trying to protect you.  Remember that when you approach them about it.  It's like getting a b-day present you hate.  It's the thought that counts.  You have to smile and be civil when you talk to them even when you would like to, well, I just know how you feel.....

I would take Ozzy up on the contact from an official thing....And maybe involve Phil, too, as he IS the owner of this esteemed forums AND a legitimate, tax-paying business.

Edit: Just had another thought! I hope that they didn't hold the packed plants and not tell you about it! Do they realize that will kill the plants?

it could be a bomb, afterall
confused.gif

Finch...

I give away seeds because I want to see people plant them. So, whether or not the NASC is enumerated...I still want the seeds to go to someone who will plant them. Maybe if your p's see people sending you stuff, they will realise it's not a scam.

\Good news. I think they initialy freaked out and since they were calm and i explaine it there still a bit suspicios. I mentioned they could call if they were worried em but they said, No, just show us this site and we'll see for ourselves. Theu saw it and said ok. Thanks for the offer but since it wasnt nececary im gonna delete the number. Thanks for ozzy for teh offer and his willingness to go out of his way to help.

BTW im 17 so i was really surprised when i heard they were doing this because i felt i could decie for myself weather or not to trust something

That is bad to Finch...I guess Phil is a terrorist. Just think I am supporting him. LOL
smile_m_32.gif
k/d

When I was 17 I was out on my own and I had one kid and another on the way.

jez

WOW really Ozzy?You naughty boy
smile_m_32.gif
J/K. Finch I'm really glad it all worked out for you
smile.gif
*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ June 05 2005,9:59)]BTW im 17 so i was really surprised when i heard they were doing this because i felt i could decie for myself  weather or not to trust something
You're 17 and they STILL second guess you this much?

I can see that level of parental control at 14 or so, but as you're coming into the last year of high school, I believe, unless you have given them reason to believe otherwise, they should assume you to be a responsible, mature individual, free to make your own decisions (for the most part... while they are paying your bills, they still retain a great deal of control).

My parents were big on trust and self reliance, and I am raising my 2 daughters the same way. I am big on natural consequences serving as their own reward or punishment.

17??
WOW! By 17 I had let me parents no (in no uncertain terms) that I would NOT take rediculous interference from them.

I simply did what I wanted and DARED them to do anything about it.

Good thing I never really did anything grossly stupid or really bad (that they know of, anyway. he he). Just ignored my "curfew" and stuff like that. The nerve of them giving a 17 year old (with a car, might I add) a curfew! I was tryin' to get chicks, man, and they were blockin'!!

Back