What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May necps meeting report

Here is the report on the May NECPS meeting. We visited the UConn greenhouses, which are really incredible. Don't forget to check out the photos at the link near the bottom!

The next NECPS meeting is coming up this Saturday, and is the annual Black Jungle BBQ. If you're not in the NECPS, perhaps it's time to ask yourself "Why not", and then join.
smile_m_32.gif

That sounds very interesting. Too bad you're not a little farther south.

Too bad you're not a little farther North!

Why don't you two split the difference or something?

Yeah. Too bad we don't all live in the Bay Area. Such a lovely place to grow CPs. I get jealous. But at least i have the NECPS!

Well, I'm about to move to cp Paradise. I'm planning to leave Saturday and I'll be moving right into the Green Swamp. It's going to be so nice to just throw all my plants outside and they'll have the perfect conditions.
smile_n_32.gif

Well, Ozzy, my highland neps are just happy as clams outside right now. so
smile_n_32.gif
right back at 'cha!

Yeah but will they be happy in January?

Hey Ozzy -

Who won your Green Swamp Guided Tour???

Ask your buddy D muscipula. I think he knows. You should start bugging him to bring you along.

NEVER! It's mine, mine,... my.. precioussssss. I'm really looking forward to it, but it's not going to be this year the way things are going. Hope there's not a statute of limitations.

Wild Bill, are you coming Saturday?

Yeah well I get all my Neps and natives outside + a good bit of terrestrial Utrics. + evervything else xcept pings and a couple Drosera. So there
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah come move the Jacksonville, Fl so I can have some buddies

The only limitations I put on it is, if I remember right, was until I die, or no longer able to give the tour.
If you don't mind just give me a little warning so I can get it lined up.

Keep begging Bill.

Tre move up to NC so I can have a swamp buddy.

No I do hope to move to the Bay area though. Tehn I can have lots of buddies

The Black Jungle meeting Saturday was just awesome, unfortunately I didn't make it to the bog tour.

Their two private greenhouses were just jam packed with exotic tropicals & CPs. They donated some very nice items for a raffle ticket style auction.

I won a VFT set (1 Dentate, 1 typical, 1 Red Dragon) and N. truncata - highland form, in a hanging basket. I also bought a N. veitchi - Bareo Highland form.

On the way home, Dena and I stopped by their store and got a private guided tour of the Dart Frogs and the breeding area. All the terrariums were very naturalistic habitats, filled with exotic live plants and mosses. Also on the way home we went to a nearby town to check out the "Flower Bridge". It's a bridge across a river that you can walk across. The bridge has garden beds on both left and right sides of the walk way and just about every kind of flower you can think of. I wish we had brought the camera - there were foxgloves, oriental poppies both red and salmon colored, irises in many shapes colors & forms, peonies in many forms, lots of others I cannot remember.

FlowerBridge

FlowerBridgePostcard

OK, so who scored the N. hamata in the raffle?

Just found out "Lucky" Dave scored the N. hamata in the raffle. In the raffle he also scored a copy of the Savage Garden AND a Cephalotus!!

Nice going Dave.

Back