What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember that medical marijuana debate awhile back

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
I am not going to add to this discussion this time. I just have a lack of time on my hands. Just thought that I would let you know that I am now the new drug detective for the department.

Well in my high school the ROTC kids beat up everyone in the bathroom doing drugs of any sort. Of course they never got in trouble because when asked what they were doing in the bathroom the druggie had to say they were doing drugs. I think it is effective in limiting the amount of drugs oepnly in school. I was/am on the ROTC kids side BTW.

ROTC?

Reserve officers training corps. Trains people (kids mostly) to be officers in the military

I never understood why anyone would bother to get high at school. Nobody in my highschool ever got busted, though, to my knowledge. Middle school was a different story, though... I thought it was pretty funny. Some genius once decided to invite like five other people to go smoke a joint in the men's room three doors down from the office, and was there ever a ruckus.
~Joe

Thats funny cause at my school (back in the day) ROTC kids were beat up all the time mostly by the kids doin drugs just for bein nerds. Not to say learnin the discipline etc...makes you nerdy but the particular kids that typically got into ROTC were very mouthy and cocky and usually started out as a way to avoid gym class. Mostly kids with wisecracks that consisted of words that were too technical and boring.

Copper,
Is that a raise or just a switch to a different job?

Joe

Switch to a different job with an extra $100 a month as call in pay. I also received a double raise this week so all in all it is like a raise of $260 a month.

God....stories...I got a million of 'em..cuz I'm old! the ROTC (we called 'em Retards On The Campus, or Re-loads Of The Cannons. I was in high school just as the VietNam war was ending)were real jerks at my high school...cocky, arrogant jerks.  They thought they were mighty special.  They never beat ME up, but they did insult and threaten everybody, and did beat up others.  They hung out in packs, so you couldn't really retaliate, not even verbally.  I wished to verbally abuse them in return...but I couldn't.  That was a real character test for me.  

And at the 25th class reunion...some of them were still cocky, arrogant jerks.  Most of them had turned into real nice guys.  I was pleasantly surprised.  None of them went on to a military career.  Two became cops. The other 3 former jerky boys were a teacher, a school district superintendent, and a lawyer. They really changed themselves.  And they spent half the night apologising to people they had abused, LOL!  

The ones who were still jerks...were, how shall I say it, not high achievers in life, and not at peace with themselves or the world at all.  In fact, at the reunion one of them got especially liquored up and started a brawl with a former nemesis(who is now a high muckety-muck doctor). Jerky got his fanny kicked good.

What does all this have to do about cannabis?  Not a thing(legalise it!).  Just another thread-waster from yours truly.  I'm NEVER on the side of people who beat other people up just for the heck of it. AprilBL

Congrats Copper! I hope you enjoy your new job, and I'm sure you're helping your community. Regardless of what side of this debate you're on, we should all support the police!

Capslock

I was in ROTC. I agree there was a mixture of nerds and loud mouths in it. The nerds were in it because they needed something to make them cool, and the loud mouths just wanted somebody to boss around. I wasn't either. I quit the second year because I didn't want to keep my hair short anymore. So I quit and hung around with the dope heads and then I was kicked out of school before the year was half over.

Well congradulations copper on your new job.

ROTCs... cant say iv ever heard of them, altough i know of one guy who's probably in it if it exists. I can think of only 2 people who were actuallt 'beat up' in my 3 years of highschool, all this year by the new freshmen croud. I dont see anybody pysicly fighting nor do i hear about it, and it really didnt occur untill this new bash of freshmen came in. Real freindly atmosphere in my school. We have lots a loudmouths and a copule jerks but thats about it. I have NEVER seen anyone called a 'nerd' past my 2nd year here.
Bulling is out but pysical intimidation seems to be the main method of indimidation when things get bad

Congrats on the new job, BTW, Copper! $260 a month can really help, too!

congrats!

i smell more cp's

Back