What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
everything was flooded. plants leaves were broken and floppy and my Sarracenia look pathetic...

guess i'm gonna bring everything inside next time.

We just has a few inch rainstorm yesterday afternoon. It was also hailing. I was concerned about my mini-bogs I hadn't bored hoe into for drainage. Fortunately, they were up against the house, so there was enough protection. None of the seedlings were uprooted and lost. Th D.binata & filiformis were drooped over. I guess they had a "bad leaf day".

I hear ya Clint! Just don't put anything near a stream. I speak form experience!
mad.gif

When it rains, I usually put a upside down recycle bin over it and it works just fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 07 2005,12:17)]everything was flooded. plants leaves were broken and floppy and my Sarracenia look pathetic...

JLAP, I had many, many flava snap off! I feel your pain. On the plus side for you, Garbage has a new CD if you're still into them--just heard the title song

Please send some of your rain this way. We are dry as all get out...I'm buying 3 gallons of distilled water a day from the store to keep the dainty little plantys from drying out and it's getting a bit expensive.

I want my CPs to get as much rain as they can.

Rain is good. With out it I would be spending $1 ever two days for water.

My summer water supply comes from a basement dehumidifier. I get 1 1/2 gallons per day from it. If I drained it more than once per day, I'd probably get more than 2. That's enough for me.

If I had a dehumidifyer I would use that water.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 07 2005,9:24)]I want my CPs to get as much rain as they can.
Hey, as long as it isn't 40 days and 40 nights...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ June 07 2005,6:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 07 2005,12:17)]everything was flooded. plants leaves were broken and floppy and my Sarracenia look pathetic...

JLAP, I had many, many flava snap off!  I feel your pain.  On the plus side for you, Garbage has a new CD if you're still into them--just heard the title song
is the single "why do you love me?" yeah that's awesome and i want to pick up the new White Stripes cd too.
one cool thing was i got a 3 cd package full of disco hits for like 10 bucks at kmart! can't beat that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 07 2005,12:17)]is the single "why do you love me?" yeah that's awesome and i want to pick up the new White Stripes cd too.
one cool thing was i got a 3 cd package full of disco hits for like 10 bucks at kmart! can't beat that!
No, it was 'Bleed Like Me'.  Yeah, I think I'll pick up the White Stripes CD.  I heard part of one song--reminded me of old Bowie.  Anyway, critics are eating this CD up!  Finally, they have some taste.

BTW, I know you're not just complaining about ordinary rain, but torents, along with high winds that can be damaging.  Now c'mon guys, who among us would really just complain about ordinary rain.  

When it's drought time, JLAPs fav is 'Only Happy When it Rains'  
smile_m_32.gif

Back